hello I'm new! ovulating 3 days before period?!

Annie101

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new!

Can you help? I'm confused!
I recently had some blood tests which told me that I was ovulating at a level suitable for implantation. But the thing is, the tests were only taken 3 days before my period started. :?

I've used a Clearblue Ovulation test thing before, and it told me I was ovulating around day 12/14 (my cycle is usually between 26 and 32 days long)

It seems really really late to be ovulating right at the end of my cycle like that. Does anyone else? What does it mean?

I guess the good news is that I'm ovulating at a level suitable for implantation. But is it possible for the ovulation time to be really different each month? That seems so odd!

Thanks in advance! Annie

Hello!

The blood test you had was probably to check for progesterone, which is only released after you ovulate. They usually do the blood test on Day 21 of your cycle, so it doesn't sound like you had it to far out on yours. It doesn't mean that you ovulated then, it just means that you have ovulated at some point in that cycle, because progesterone was detected. It's far more likely that you ovulated a week or more before, it's usually 14-16 days before you period starts. Hope this helps.

i agree. it means that you are (in general) ovulating at a suitable level and have done before the tests. you'll have ovulated about 2 weeks (it's not the same for everyone) before your period. the clearblue thing sounds about right - go by that!

Thanks so much, that's really reassuring!

Next month we start trying for real. I can't wait! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back