Ovulation question...

KeLe101

Reaction score
...hello, I am trying to test to see if I am ovulating and wonder if anyone could answer me a few questions since I haven't had any positive results yet :(

I have had a lot of watery discharge today (sorry...tmi, I know!) and my boobies feel really big and swollen - is this a symptom of ovulation?

Also, I've been a bit rubbish and just peed on the stick, rather than peeing in a container and testing it that way (like the instructions say) - will this affect my result and could this be why I have had no positive, or not even anything close to a positive result?

Thanks!
Kelly x

Hi Kele

Yes you will have affected your result! You need to dip the stick and let the pee work it's own way up the test strip, it's just the way they work - same as the internet cheapie pregnancy tests. Try again tomorrow

You should always try and do your OV tests at least 3-4 hours after you've been up and not when you've been drinking loads of water as it will dilute the result

The watery CM is a sign that you are OVing some people don't bother with the tests and just go on the CM

If you want a really good book to read on it all I read Zita West's guide to getting pregnant. She explains a lot of the body's natural signs for ovulation I found it really helpful :hug:

Thanks Ellie, I knew I had been being a bit naughty (or lazy!) with the ov tests!! I'll start doing them properly from now on!!

The book sounds good, I'll look it up.

Thanks!!
Kelly xx

You should never use ovulation sticks first thing in the morning, generally anytime from 2pm in the afternoon is ideal......

I used to use them at around 2pm and then again before I went to bed (so yes 2 a day). The first month I ever used them I got my BFP - I did however ovulate a week earlier than I had the month before, and would have missed ovulation totally if I hadnt have been testing twice a day.

Also be warned I NEVER had a postive as dark as the control line.........but still got my BFP!

As Ellie says your body can also be the best source of information when its comes to ovulation - I used to get pains, and chronic diarrhea around the time I ovulated.

Good Luck.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back