ovulation sticks - how are people getting on this month

Bagpuss17

Reaction score
How are you all getting on with your ovulation sticks this month? I'm on day 14 and not had a positive result yet. :(

I gave up with the sticks this month as haven't had a positive for the past couple.
Does that mean I'm not ovulating????
Anyway, I'm still trying and fingers crossed (again) for this month.
It's sooooo hard!
Good luck to you!
Lucyx

Hi Lucy,

Did you use your sticks through out your cycle once your AF had gone? Last month I didn't get a positive until day 21, I almost gave up but curiosity got the better of me thankfully or I'd never have known.

If the tests can be relied upon then it's possible that you haven't ovulated if you didn't get a positive. If you haven't ovulated then you will have a light period.

That's why I've started charting my temps to help me determine whether I'm ovulating each cycle.

Fingers crossed for you too! :D

Hello!
I only got a positive (all darker than test line aswell!) on day 16 but it lasted 7 days till I got a neg!!!!
This was the first month I'd used them.
Hope it's worked cos we bd like crazy!! OH said he had groin strain!! :lol:
Just playing the waiting game now. :roll:
Love Sam xx

Oh Sam that's funny! Poor DH.

Fingers crossed this is your month! :D

Bagpuss17 said:
Hi Lucy,

If the tests can be relied upon then it's possible that you haven't ovulated if you didn't get a positive. If you haven't ovulated then you will have a light period.

Hi Bagpuss,

Oh crikey! I'm panicking a bit now. I'm so paranoid that I won't get pregnant again after the m/c. My periods are very light normally but now I'm worrying that it might be because I'm not ovulating?!

If I'm not pg this month, I think I'll try with the temp and the sticks all through next month and see if that helps.

This is so stressful!

Lucyx

Sorry Lucy, I didn't mean to panic you.

From the reading I've been doing I think it's quite normal that we don't ovulate each cycle.

If you're periods are light normally then it doesn't mean that you're not ovulating. For me it was very unusual to have just a 3 day period of brown discharge but I don't have heavy periods as a rule either.

Defo give temping and the OV sticks a go, it will help you find out exactly what's happening with your cycle. For me it makes me feel better because I feel that I'm doing something to help me conceive - I'm not really but it's all in the mind isn't it?!

Not good this month for me either. I had a faint line one day, then nothing the next.

Oh well, not my month. :(

Early Xmas pressie for me then! :lol: :lol:

Keep going with the sticks Tankett until your temp goes up if your charting, you might ovulate late.

I had a stronger faint line today so I'm hoping I'm getting into my fertile week now. We are going to BD as much as possible this week just in case. Get lots of little fishies ready and waiting.

I can't bear having long cycles though, it doesn't suit impatient people.
:D

Wouldn't it be fab if we could get BFPs in time for xmas, what a pressie that would be...

Yippee, I got a positive result on my ovulation stick today. I had noticed that the test lines were slightly stronger the last couple of days but then I wasn't sure if I was imagining it.

We shall be BD'ing like mad tonight and tomorrow! Hopefully, we've got a few fishies waiting already! Sorry TMI I know but I'm just relieved to finally get my positive result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back