Ovulation question

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Mummy to one, May 11, 2016.

1. Mummy to one

Mummy to one Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

I just had a quick question about ovulating and wondered if anyone can give me advise on it as I don't know much about when I ovulate only the average.

My period is pretty regular... Every 28 days for about 4/5 days. My last period started on the first of May and ended on the 5th. My partner and I had unprotected sex last night. I think going by an average lady my ovulation period is still a few days off although I did have some cramping sensations. Obviously when I ovulate is totally down to each individual but do any of u ladies think there is at least a chance that I could be ovulating already and so have conceived or is the odds stacked against me.

I know it's a guessing game and no one knows for sure but please I'd love some advise.

Thanks

C x

2. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

Hey!

Based on your cycle you probably ovulate around day 14. You're on day 11 right now and in your 'fertile week' and as sperm can live for up to 5 days inside, there's a big change it could hang around to catch the egg when you ovulate :) You might ovulate earlier, it's always possible, but then usually that's reflected in a shorter cycle! If you're hoping to get pregnant I would try and have sex again in the next few days to give you a better chance!

Good luck xx

3. Mummy to one

Really? So u think there is a fair chance I could concieve? My partner and I aren't really in the best way together at the moment so we are actually trying. I love him more than anything and I'm sure he still does too but I didn't treat him very well in the past so he has a barrier up. That's the first time we have had unprotected sex in a while so I doubt it will happen again this week. He had a huge Barrier up which am trying to get round which isn't as easy. He says that he doesn't know if he feels the same about me anymore but I thats all part of the barrier.

I love him I want a family with him and I know he used to so am hoping we can sort things. I would love to have fallen pregnant. I know it's probably not the best time but I hope if fate happened and I was it could bring us back close together and show him much I love him.

Thank so much! X

4. Sparklegirl

Sparklegirl Well-Known Member

Have you discussed it with him? As I am sure you are aware, having a baby to help improve a relationship or 'fix' a problem tends not to be successful. Be careful you dont end up in a worse position

I hope things work out well for you whichever way you both decide to go x

5. Mummy to one

Hi sparkle girl,

Thank you very much for your reply. I totally agree that it would not help our relationship and I defo am not under any impression that it will do that. I have no intentions of trying to fall pregnant to help our relationship. I know it wouldn't. But it is just something we did want in the past that's all.

C x