Ovulation problems - can anyone help??

Desperate

Reaction score
Hi there,

I really hope someone can help or offer advice.

Long story short I just turned 42, my partner is 45. We've been TTC for 2 years. Two losses in May & December & a short breakup with my partner last year. Cycles are around 32 - 38 days, but reflexology sessions are helping to shorten my cycles every month. I temp & test with OPKs every month. Last cycle was 32 days & my luteal phase seems to be a consistent 14 days. I've started a new regime based on research & advice from women who conceived using these treatments. I take 1000mg Royal Jelly per day, guaifenisin 2 x 5ml per day, 1 tsp cinnamon & 1 tsp honey per day, (plus Pregnacare conception & 5mg folic acid per day - but I've been taking these for 2 years).

This cycle, for some reason I felt I should test earlier - & I THINK I actually ovulated on 27th/28th of April, despite not being due to ovulate til around 4th May. I'm not certain that I did actually ovulate because I ran out of OPKs & couldn't test at the optimum time (typical!) but I had a lot of ovary twinges at around that time, and ewcm plus a lot of snotty cm (sorry if TMI!) but it kind of alternated. So I didn't get the ewcm constantly but on & off for a couple of days. I think the ewcm lasted longer than usual this time too - but think it could be because of the royal jelly etc. My OPKs before & after mostly had faint lines but there were a couple in between that were completely negative.

I'm very confused. I'm pretty sure that I did ovulate, but almost a week early which would make my cycle around a perfect 28 days. Also I'm
still getting the odd left side ovary twinge/ache even 3/4 days after 'ovulation'.

I am going through a lot of stress right now for various reasons which might affect my cycle, but I feel like with all the extra natural remedies I've taken I might have improved my ovulation. I'm just confused about the on/off ewcm & snotty cm. It's now back to creamy cm but my BBT was high on 28th April (4 days ago AND today - 1st May).

Can anyone relate or offer advice? It's driving me crazy. I don't want to see my GP yet because I want to see if my cycles remain at 28 days & I produce more ewcm like this month.

Any advice or support would be much appreciated.

Thank you. 😀

Your taking both pregnacare and folic acid? Pregnacare has folic acid in and should not be taking more than the RDA which is in the pregnacare..
Vitex is supposed to be good at sorting cycles out. Also I was taking pregnacare for a while and had to stop, it was mixing up my cycles and I stopped me having ewcm and turned it into jelly. So maybe look into that?
Are you holding your pee for 2/3 hours before you do an opk? Your not supposed to drink either x

Hey PB!
Thanks for your response. I'm taking the extra folic acid because my GP put me on it the first time I fell pregnant. It's because of my age and that I'm overweight.
I will look into the Pregnacare thing thanks, but I've never had problems with my cycles being mixed up. If anything they're improving (but I put that down to my reflexologist in large part :)) but definitely something worth thinking about.
I read that it's best not to take an OPK with FMU so I've never held my pee. With drinking, silly question but do you mean drinking ANYTHING or as in alcohol? I do drink a lot of water so I guess that might affect the OPKs.

The same thing is happening again this cycle. I got excited because I thought I'd O'd earlier this month, making my cycle a lovely healthy 28 days, but after getting very faint, barely there second lines on my ov tests for the last few days, they started to get darker again from last night...which means that my cycle, assuming a 14 day LP has extended to 41 days :(

Why does it all have to be so complicated?! I do hold on to the fact that I got pregnant once and I can do it again! Baby dust to you xx

Do you temp? That is a sure way of knowing if you did ovulate or not.

Yeah I do temp & usually it's a good marker but my temp has been up on at least two different days a few days apart this month already! I'm confused!

Are you using any of the fertility apps? Fertility Friend is good at analysing temps...

Well I use one called 'Menstruation & Ovulation calendar' but it's not for analysis purposes really. Will try Fertility Friend. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back