Ovulation on Clomid

MsVicki

Reaction score
Hello all

Firstly, this is the first forum I have signed up to and reading some of the other posts I haven't got a clue what the abbreviations or lingo is so please can you bear this in mind if you are able to reply!
So, I am 38 years old, never had any kids or been pregnant. Have been TTC (that's the only lingo I know!) for a few years but my cycles went bonkers last year, sometimes being up to 60+ days long. Had some acupuncture and homeopathy and for whatever reason, my cycles returned to between 28 and 32 days long.
I have a consultant gynae at present and have had tests done including a hysterosalpingogram and my hubby has had all clear on his sperm test. So, I'm on Clomid and have been for 3 cycles now. My cycles have now reduced to 23/24 days for these three cycles and I've had positive ovulation kit tests on day 14/15. BUT, I've had day 21 progesterone tests to see if I've ovulated and the last one showed a reading of 11, which the gynae thinks is showing the 'tail end' of my ovulation, so next month she wants me to have a blood test on day 17. Given my cycle lengths she thinks I am ovulating around about day 10 to take into account the 14 day post ovulation - pre period reckoning. But the ovulation test says day 15 so I'm confused - how can this be?? From day 15 onwards till my period I get really sore breasts which is annoying cause I know this can also be a sign of pregnancy but it never is for me!
Also, I am worried I don't have the optimum cervical fluid that sperm like ie egg white so is there anything I can do about this?
I've got another 3 months on Clomid abd am trying to get an appt with the gynae to ask her to explain the above but this could be weeks

So to summarise, I'm wondering:

1. What do you think about me having positive ovulation tests on day 14/15 of 23/24 day cyles?
2. what can I do or use as a sperm friendly lubricant?

I'd REALLY appreciate any advice. x

hello and welcome :)

i concieved on clomid on my 3rd cycle my cycle went from 32 to 24 days whist on it i ovulated usually around day 15-17 so alot later than normal but i used ovulation predicter testers so i knew exactly when it was coming then went like a rabbit for the week after my positive test lol i would definatly recommend getting some if you dont use already
my cervical mucus was no different all thru month and didnt affect me but i have read on here preseed is meant to be a good one
there are a few other ladies also using clomid on here who im sure will give some great advice also and best of luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back