Ovulation and Periods

In Dreams

Reaction score
Just trying to get my head around something and hopefully you lot can help me out a bit.

If someone has a 28 day cycle then the general rule for ovulation would be 28 minus the luteal phase (which is between 12-16 days), so taking the average to be 14, ovulation would occur on day 14 (28-14).

If someone has a 34 day cycle then would you do the calculation 34-14 to work out ovulation? Making ovulation day 20?

My last cycle was 62 days so my ovulation date (roughly) would be 62-14?

It wouldn't be ovulation on day 14 and then AF 48 days later would it? AF always comes roughly 14 days after ovulation has occured??

Just trying to work out if I'm going to have a shorter cycle this time.

This month I have started using OPKs and charting my temp and it appears I ovulated on day 11 (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/386d72) this is my chart. I'm now on 14dpo so that means AF is due any time now right. If I ovulated on day 11 would it be impossible for me to have another long cycle such as 62 days.

Hope all this makes sense! xx

I always thought ov was 14 days before your period, regardless of cycle length

That's what I think. So if I ovulated on day 11 then AF will arrive on day 25 right? *confused.com!

Can someone have a look at my chart and tell me that I probably did ovulate on day 11. I know the other problem that we're having at the moment can't be sorted right now but hopefully I can start to get my cycles back to normal! Don't want another 62 day one!

your luteal phase always stays the same every month, you count from the day after ov to day before af comes, so it seems mine is 13 days. So you take your luteal phase away from the cycle length and that gives you the day you ov'd. My cycle last month was 33 days and had ov pain on cd20, hope this helps x x

Yes, thanks, it does :)

I don't know my cycle length though as they have been different since coming of the pill (they have been 34 days and 62 days).

This month I am trying to work out my cycle length from when I ovulated. I'm sure I ovulated on day 11 so that will mean AF is due on day 25, making this cycle 25 days.

I'm just confused at the moment. I've been using OPKs and charting my temps this month. I had positve OPKs on days 9, 10 and 11 and then negatives from day 12. Also from day 12 my temp shot up from 36.3 to 36.7 and has remained high and above the coverline ever since so it does appear that I have ovulated this month. However, I have been spotting on and off since Tuesday (I'm now on 14dpo), as in when I wipe there is light pink/brown discharge on the tissue like the beginning of AF but hasn't increased from that. I don't know if I'm having a very light period or not (don't need pads or anything) as this has never happened to me before. However the high temps are making me think that I'm not so now I'm thinking there is something wrong with me. Ahh, so confused!!!

You did ovulate on CD11 from looking at your chart, you get a rise the day after and need 3 higher temps to confirm.
I have a 14/15 day LP and if I ovulated on CD11 then I'd expect the witch on CD26 (so tomorrow) however my temps used to always drop a day before, if they continue to stay high for another few days I'd take a test.

Thanks Tinkerbell. If I remember correctly the luteal phase should last no longer than 16 days, yes? That means AF should arrive tomorrow or the day after (it is not possible for me to be pregnant, I'm just seeing if my cycles are going back to normal yet) x

hey hun, average luteal phase is 14 days but can differ slightly wth different women (some women can be 12 days and some 16 days for example)

I am on Cycle 3, and I know I ovulated on CD 19.....but here I am on CD 65 and still no sign of AF so goodness knows lol

But yeh you deduct your luteal phase from your total cycle length and thats roughly when you'll ovulate, but temp charting helps to pin point it (and opks)

xxx

Well your temp will go back down on day or day before af comes hun, so look out for that. What was your temp this morning? Any sign of af yet? x x

Ooo, this is all a bit confusing isn't it! I thought my LP has been around 10-12 days as I have been oving between days 12 and 14 and my cycle has been 24 days (going by CB opks). Fertility Friend is telling me this month that af is due on CD 28 which seems odd as my last 6 cycles have all been 24 days. So has my LP lengthened? Confused! x

Ooo, this is all a bit confusing isn't it! I thought my LP has been around 10-12 days as I have been oving between days 12 and 14 and my cycle has been 24 days (going by CB opks). Fertility Friend is telling me this month that af is due on CD 28 which seems odd as my last 6 cycles have all been 24 days. So has my LP lengthened? Confused! x

I read that your luteal phase always stays the same hun and its the follecular phase that changes (from 1st day of af to ov) Not sure about FF, just started to use it today x x

I think the only solution is to bd bd bd bd bd bd bd bd bd bd for most of the month and hope for the best! lol! x

hey sorry girlies can i jump in?
my last cycle was 28 days no idea when i ov..this cycle im on day 26 i think i ovd on day 12 does that mean im due on today?
xx or can my luteal phase be 16 days?
it doesnt have to be 14 days right?
xx

From what I understand now (having done some lunchtime reading!) your luteal phase can be any length, but always stays the same for you (if that makes sense). So for me, regardless of when I ov af 'should' turn up 12 days later (as my LP is 12 days). x

From what I understand now (having done some lunchtime reading!) your luteal phase can be any length, but always stays the same for you (if that makes sense). So for me, regardless of when I ov af 'should' turn up 12 days later (as my LP is 12 days). x

Thats exactly right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back