Ovulating whilst on my period??

KeLe101

Reaction score
I know this sounds a bit weird but I get the feeling that I ovulate when I'm on my period. I had an early miscarriage in October and I am sure that I ovulated right at the very end of my period because I had the ewcm mixed in with blood (sorry - tmi!). Anyway, I had the miscarriage which was crap but I feel ready to try again this month. However, when AF came (2 weeks ago now) I thought I had the ewcm mixed in with my af again, but didn't think too much about it. Anyways, my cycle was 28 days last month so I expected to be ovulating sometime this week, but I've had nothing, no ewcm, in fact I have been really dry (that sounds gross!) and not had any positives on opks. How common is it to ovulate on your period and if I catch again in this way, surely I will always miscarry because there will be no lining for the eggy to implant into?
Is this really weird and if so, do you think it's cos my body is still all screwed up from coming off the pill? My body is seriously out of sync - I hate the pill :( and although I may always have had trouble conceiving, I can't help but thinking it's the pill that has caused me these problems.

Cant be much help Im afraid but didn't want to read and run, the only thing I can contribute is that Im sure I read that the earliest you can OV is 10 days after the start of you period so if you have a 7 day cycle and your an early ov-er then maybe that would explain the EWCM near the end of Af :?

Im worrying myself sick atm as like you Ive been on the pill for years. Didnt have a problem conceiving my first son but this time it feels different. Af's dont seem the same and Im supposed to be ov-ing around today and like you CM is practically non-existant. (Sorry if TMI)!!

Anyway, Im sorry for your recent loss and Ill keep my fingers crossed that we both get our BFP's soon xx

Hi,

It is very rare but is possible to ov as early as day 7 of your cycle (I knew a girl on this forum in fact). However if you tend to have a 28 day cycle it is more likely that you ov around day 14 since you always ov 14 days before your AF is due. There can be lots of reasons for being a bit dry sometimes simply not enough fluid intake. The best recommendation I can give is to start charting your temps even if you are not enourmously diciplined about it it will give you an idea of when you get a temp shift from low to high and that will help you to pin point when you ov. Is it possible that you were feeling a bit horny on the day when you noticed the ewcm mixed with AF? I'm afraid charting is the only true way to be 100% sure when you ov. Even opk's can be misleading. Also worth mentioning that stress can cause you to ov late so cycles can vary quite a bit.

I wish you all the best, it is very confusing all this body stuff.
B xxx

have you thought of charting? i know it's a pain at first but once you get used to it it's easy and then i could stalk your chart for a month for ya and i could tell you when you ovulated :D

Anna23 said:
have you thought of charting? i know it's a pain at first but once you get used to it it's easy and then i could stalk your chart for a month for ya and i could tell you when you ovulated :D

i agree.... it does help, and the girlies of Chartstalkers are really helpful too!! :D

Thanks for the replies, I know it sounds a bit weird but I think it was defo ovulation, but I bd'd on my last day of AF, so who knows...maybe, I'll have just caught the eggy! Though, I doubt it!!
I am going to start taking my temps, I'll order a thermometer of e-bay - anyone have any suggestions about the type I should get?! I am so clueless with this charting, temping lark!

There is no set rule, and yes you can ov during youre period.
Someone said you always ov 14 days before af? thats not true. There is nothing 'true' with our bodies, thats why its so hard to plan stuff spot on :wall:

Alot of the thermometers on ebay are Pound shop ones, just be warned.
Mine was £2.99 from Savers and was Predictor make which is for ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back