Overweight and Type 2 Diabetes

maidenheadgirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So 5 plus weeks now. I have type 2 diabetes and BMI about 35 so classed as obese. I am fairly in good health otherwise and keep a reasonably good diet. I have an appointment with the antenatal diabetic clinic next week to meet a consultant. I was told I will get a new blood glucose meter and overall check up.

Anyone else in the same situation? I am a little nervous but also wanting to ensure that everything is in order so baby gets the best chance possible.

Any words of advise, what to ask the consultant etc? Will they automatically insist on a C section? Thank you in advance.

I developed GD with my daughter, it was controlled by diet and meant my pregnancy was consultant led. I had extra appointments and scans to monitor bloods and baby size.

Re c-section. It shouldn't be automatically assumed that you will need one. I am obese and have two successful natural deliveries. It was discussed as a last case scenario should the induction of my daughter fail (she was induced 2 weeks early but this was unrelated to the GD) but other than that it wasn't considered a certainty.

If you feel you are pushed towards a section I would possibly seek a second opinion. Ultimately the decision is yours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back