Overdue and miserable

Bonfire Bride

Reaction score
Well, I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow and little Oliver appears to be very happy in there...the only thing is...I'm not happy at all.

I've had no signs of labour...a few period pains but nothing else. I am ignoring every twinge now as it never turns into anything. He'll be our first so this is all new to me and I'm so fed up of being sweaty, hormonal and huge!! :shock:

Everyday I wake up wondering whether today will be the day and nothing happens.

I'm having my first sweep tomorrow at 11am but I'm not too hopeful. I really wanted to go naturally as if I have to be induced I'll have to labour in a hospital rather than my local birthing centre. Induction is booked for next Thursday....

Pointless thread really, I just needed to vent.

oo hun!! I can only imagine how you must be feeling im fed up and have only just made it to my due date!! it is sooo frustrating when you get a twinge or pain and think oo is this it and it turns out to be nothing!!

My fingers are tightly crossed that your sweep works. I don't know how it works with you as I know each area is different but a friend of mine didn't want to be induced and because she had a normal low risk pregnancy they allowed her to go 2 weeks over rather than being induced at +10days, I know you probably don't want to be pregnant any longer than you have to be but may give you a few extra days of being able to go into the birthing centre xxx

Normal gestation is between 38-41 weeks, so I wouldn't say you're overdue yet. He just needs a little more cooking ; ) xx

Thanks Tilly and Happy Due Date Hun. xx

I will be 41 + 5 when my induction is booked, so 2 days shy of 42 weeks. I think by then I really wont mind how he gets here, as long as he arrives safely. They start off by inserting the pessary and waiting 24 hours :( I dont think I want to go too far over that as I've read too many things on google about going too far over.

I'm really hoping that the sweep starts something off...they will then try another on monday and a 3rd on wednesday...so I'm not giving up easily lol. Hubby is nights tonight too, so it's just me and bump here and I just feel incredibly miserable. I'm just trying to stay positive by enjoying every wriggle off him and reminding myself that I am incredibly lucky to be blessed with this pregnancy.

Normal gestation is between 38-41 weeks, so I wouldn't say you're overdue yet. He just needs a little more cooking ; ) xx

You are absolutely correct...He has just under 4 hours to get moving.

Come on Baby!

well at least they are not giving up easily on you!! I know he will only come when he is ready but one thing I have read is that often labour starts when your relaxed so perhaps have a lovely bubble bath and a small glass of wine (obviously the wine is a personal choice) and as easy as it sounds enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. All the new mummies are always saying how much they miss their bumps and feeling the baby move inside them :) xxx

well at least they are not giving up easily on you!! I know he will only come when he is ready but one thing I have read is that often labour starts when your relaxed so perhaps have a lovely bubble bath and a small glass of wine (obviously the wine is a personal choice) and as easy as it sounds enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. All the new mummies are always saying how much they miss their bumps and feeling the baby move inside them :) xxx

I will take your advice hun and have a soak, catch up on here and a refreshing drink. Was going to hoover downstairs but will leave that until tomorrow :dance:

I often kid myself with drinks, have a glass of pineapple juice and imagine it has Malibu in it ;) definitely leave the hovering for tomorrow xx

Fingers crossed you're sweep does some good tomoro xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Fingers crossed its all getting started soon I too feel like this and I'm still not officially due yet I too trick myself drink wise. I am having a pint of kopperburg alcohol free I genuinly couldn't tell the diff any more I don't think x

Try and keep busy. Plan things, go out, organise a BBQ. Don't worry about signs. Last time I had no signs. Just woke up at 2am with my first contraction. Water's didn't break. I didn't get the emptying of the bowels. So there is hope for you yet! Hang on in there!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Maybe try walking to get things started, or get hubby to help you when he gets home ; ) Sex is a good way to put on the pressure!

Aww I hope it starts for you soon hun :( I've a feeling il be in your position this time next week as no signs whatsoever yet booooo have my first sweep this Monday so praying that does something. I have my fingers crossed for you :) xx

Thanks so much ladies :)

We've tried hot and spicy madras, daily walks with our little pooch and lots of sex...but nothing has worked so far.

Feeling better now after a nice relaxing evening.

I was expecting a sweep on wednesday but my birthing centre wont do them until 7 days overdue...my midwife must have got her wires crossed :(

Didnt think I would be so disspointed to be told I wouldnt have some midwife prod and poke my ladybits :D xx

Midwife couldnt do my sweep.

Cervix closed and unfavourable.

Gutted :(

Aaah sorry to hear that Bonfire Bride :-( It will happen, just try and keep active and if you've got a ball, do lots of bouncing to encourage the head down onto cervix xx

Thanks hun.

Just been out for a huge walk with the pooch and hubby. Going to spend an hour tonight on the ball to see whether I can encourage him down.

I think my labour will need to be induced. Ah, well....this time next week I should have him here with me. :)

It's tough, I went 13 days overdue and only narrowly missed an induction. I was booked in on day 12, but I was told it was my choice to induce or not and when they eventually allowed me to have an internal they told me my waters were bulging and I would go into labour naturally within 24 hours. I went home and 3 hours later I was in labour. I got to do nearly all of it at home as I had wanted.

Hope LO gets moving for you soon xx

i didnt really feel like i was gonna go into labour til i actually did, i had a few twinges and things and was on constant alert lol putting every little thing down to possible start of labour but in the end it was a sweep that kicked it off for me, they come when their ready, im fully expecting to go over with this one as by my ov date the EDD is a week later than the dates the scans have given me and thats not surprising considering i make big babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back