ovarian drilling

karla25karla

Reaction score
hi, i am new to this site i have 1 child who is 5 conceived on clomid and am now ttc my 2nd child.
i am booked in for ovarian drilling nxt week instead of trying clomid again.
can anybody tell me there stories of ovarian drilling.
thanks

Hiya Karla, tbh Im not really sure what ovarian drilling is, but I wish you luck, and i hope the procedure is successful :)

Sorry I've no experience of this but I hope it works x good luck x

i had it done in november 09, along with lap/dye and hysteroscopy.

was a bit sore after the op for a couple of days cos of the incisions (belly button and pubic line are the two you will def have but i had one over my left tube as well).

You will need help for the couple of days after as you dont realise how much you use your stomach muscles. they will prob be inflating your stomach with gas as well to get a better look, so be prepared for sore shoulders n neck when you come to as the gas gets into all the little nooks and crannies in your body.

it all sounds a bit grim but i hope it works for you. im sorry to say but it has done nothing for me :cry: still trying nearly a year on and hopin they start me on clomid when i go back in 3 and a bit weeks.

thanks for your replies i am told it has a high success rate so fingers crossed.
dnt knw why they wouldnt give me clomid as i conceived my little boy after being on it for 6 weeks after i had been trying for over 2 years.
i am hoping they will just give me the clomid aswell.
good luck to everyone xxxx

i hope it only takes us 6 weeks! fingers crossed i'll be pregnant by xmas!

when is ur drilling? (makes me cringe everytime i type/think about it!!!)

:dust:

i found clomid brilliant a lot of people talk about really bad side effects but i didnt experience any i hope it works for you it can be more effective if you take metformin at the same time and also if you have pcos the miscarriage rate is quite high and metformin can reduce that.
my op is thursday it sounds absolutley horrendous but ill try anything.

good luck xxxx

prepare for the worst as it can only be better! it was horrible but got a lot better after 3 days, was able to do things for myself then! the bruises were nasty tho! will see if i can find pics and will upload if you want????

My friend had it done...it took a lot ofhealin but conceived within 4 weeks of the procedure xxx

Hi Karla,

Good luck with your treatment xx

Would you mind helping me as I've been doing some research this weekend about my late ovulation and one of the causes is PCOS which I suspect I may now have, I've been on Dianette for years so other symptoms like acne and heavy periods have been masked. But I believe I may have it.

Can you relate to the late ovulation or offer any advice?

Thanks, Maybe Baby xx

hi, that would be great if you could upload some pics. thankyou.
awww thanks for the success story thats exactly what i wanted to hear.
yes i certainley have problems with periods sometimes i can go 3 or 4 months without periods other times i will go a few months with getting them about every 5 or 6 weeks they are totally erratic.
any questions on pcos just ask ive known ive had it 4 years and have looked in to it a lot you should ask for a scan because there are a lot of complications that can come with pcos eg higher risk of cancer large cysts diabetes and the miscarriage rate for someone with pcos is also rather high so some people have frequent early miscarriages without even knowing they are pregnant.
good luck everyone and hopefully i will be able to recommend ovarian drilling to everyone as it will work for me xxx

not had drilling but am carring my second clomid baby now [mc first tho:(] so i wish you the best of luck and hope it works well for you xxxxx

here you go!

first photo was on day 2, second was day 8.

the other incision was in my bikini line, which didn't amount to much. this incision was in my belly button. i did have another one over my left tube but that was a bit rubbish too!

this is def the best bruise i have ever had!

sorry if you have only just eaten!

bruiseday2.jpg

bruiseday8.jpg

ewww that looks really nasty i think i shall have to use this all to my advantage and play on it so my partner does all the housework etc.
im sooo nervous now i just really want it to work xx

Thanks for that advice Karla, i'm having tests soon xx

had it done is quite painful but they said it went well and there are no other problems so fingers crossed xx

just make sure you take it easy, it is painful and will be for a couple of days.

fingers crossed it works for you xx

thankyou. xxx

larybelle i just wandered if you could tell me your history of ttc and why they did the drilling etc and is they told you they thought it would work. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back