ovarian drilling

well i have had inconsistent (and sometimes non-existant) periods since i started when i was 12. i would only have 2 or 3 periods a year. at 15 went on the pill as i wanted to be "normal" :lol:

Came off pill at 17/18 as i wanted to give my body a break and also i needed to have a 6 month course of antibiotics for acne (which is a side effect of pcos).

Had a test for pcos in july 05 when i was 19 which was negative (i had a normal scan and but testosterone level was very slightly elevated e.g. 10.2 when its supposed to be 10 (i picked those numbers out of the air so dont quote me on that!) so they said i was negative for pcos). still had issues with periods (but also dh was always worried i was pregnant so i was having to to a hpt every week!) so went back on the pill in dec 05. we had only been together 6 months so i didnt blame him for not wanting a baby at that stage!

carried on having trouble with acne and strugglin to lose weight and although on pill still havin inconsistent periods so had pcos tests agin in oct 08. those tests came back as normal for bloods but scan showed i had cysts on my ovaries. the day i was told i had pcos felt like my whole world came crashing down as i had always wanted children and knew with pcos it would be more difficult.

didnt help that the bitch of a doctor just said "yeah you have it, you don't want kids do you? And you could do with losing some weight". By this stage i had lost 2 n a half stone so thought how effin dare she!!!!

had my first consultant appt in jan 09, not much happened at that appt as we weren't ttc at that point. in apr 09 we decided we would start ttc so came off the pill. at the end of apr 09 had my next appt when we said we were now
ttc. he told me to lose weight and keep a track of my cycles (or lack of!)

at next appt in july he prescribed me metformin 850mg twice a day which is quite a strong dose. first two weeks on that we awful, felt sick n lethargic all the time. after those two weeks i went back to normal. in sept 09 he said he would refer me for laperoscopy and dye to check my tubes, hsyteroscopy to make sure my womb was normal and ovarian drilling to remove the cysts. had that done on 18 nov 09.

next appt was feb 10 when they just checked me over and told me to carry on with metformin and lose weight as i had put quite a bit back on. in apr 10 they told me to keep takin tabs n wait till next appt which would be in 6 months, if i wasn't pregnant by then they would start me on the next level of treatment. they said they needed to wait a year after my op before they would try anythin else, as if i was gonna get preg i would do it in the year after my op.

so that brings me to today really, next appt is on 25th of this month, no bfp so hopin the next level will be clomid.

sorry for the essay but you did ask!!!

oh thats ok i like to have all the info.
yea all my tests for it came back negative i didnt know i had psos until i had my scan when i was pregnant with my son after taking clomid at his 1st scan they told me i had the cysts.
have only been trying for 2 months when i went to the docs this time but told them i had been ttc 4 over a year so thats why they did the drilling although i dont know why they just didnt give me clomid as i knew it worked for me.
well they said the drilling went well and everything else was in good working order so i just really hope this works.
i really hope they start you on clomid.
xx

i am really hopin to!!!

how u feelin now after the drilling? have you taken the dressing off yet?

:dust:

yea i took them off today feel soo much better now ive had a bath.im not in that much pain except when i cough or sneeze and am a bit uncomfortable at night especially when i try and turn over.
i have hardly any bruising, certainley nothing like you had.
xx

got af 2 days after op so am hoping this means it might work xx

i bleed for a week afterwards, then nothing for a month, then bled for 2 months straight! hope you don't have that as well!

oh really i hope not went to the hospital the other day and as i already have 1 child ive gt 3 mnths 2 conceive if not they want me 2 go to romford all the time for scans etc an injections an i dnt drive so i cant really so this is my last hope otherwise im gna have 2 just keep trying naturally.
i dnt know why they wont just give me clomid again as it worked last time.
i know u can get it off the internet but dnt think i should risk that incase its something else.
have u had any news?

when u said u bled 4 a week was this straight after and do u think it was a period?

it was a couple of days after my op and i think it was.

got my next appt next monday so gettin really excited now! lost 19lbs so far as well, so if my consultant tells me i need to lose more weight before he gives me the tablets i think i will hit him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back