Ovarian Cysts and Scans

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Thought I would pick the brains of you 2nd Trimester ladies!

For quite a few months now I have been getting a pain where my right ovary is that I think might be a problem with cysts. The pain was there a long time before I got pregnant. It is still there now on-and-off.

My question is, has anyone else had this and has anyone had it mentioned in their scan?

I have been reading that it is quite common to find cysts at scans.

Do you think I would be allowed to ask the sonographer to look at my ovary, when I have my scan?

They discovered a cyst on my right ovary at my 12 week scan but didnt really say anything so we asked what it means and they answered that they would just keep an eye on it. They measured it and recorded it in my notes. I guess we'll see at the 20 weeks scan if its grown. Not sure what they can or will do if it has grown, though.

Will let you know!

xx

They found a cyst on my right ovary at my 12 wk scan but said it shud disappear by my next scan. Called a corpus luteum... or something like that. Apparently gets formed at conception and releases extra progesterone.

They have checked my ovaries automatically with all the scans I have had (I've had a few as I have had a lot of spotting). Usually they see if they go away on their own, unless they are very large. You should mention the pain to them though just to make sure they check, as it's better to be safe! Good luck!

def ask them to check while they are all all tooled up, they won't mind at all. As the girls say it is quite common (for all women) but especially during pregnancy due to hormones, most come and go with no trouble. I get awkward ovary twinges every now and again but i had no cysts in my scans x

I've had a number of scans and my ovaries are enlarged AND I have cysts!!! I also have pain around the ovaries and have been told not to worry. Hope that's reassured you a bit..... ;-)

They automatically check my ovaries on scans cos of pcos x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back