Out in the cold!

andreag

Reaction score
Definately OK to take her out - they need as much fresh air as possible even in the cold. She sounds like she is very well protected - you can check her temperature by feeling the back of her neck - if that is warm then she is warm. I used to worry about Charlotte being too cold (and she was born in July - albeit a cold one) and one day we got home and she was actually sweating. She seems to take after her Daddy and not feel the cold like I do, so I am now more carefgul not to overheat her. YEsterday we went out and it was very cold, and she was wearing her day clothes (vest, long sleeved top, jeans and booties) and then her winter coat with a hood and a wooly blanket with a pram blanket (folded in four). My pram is the old fashioned carry cot type which is wind proof and she was perfectly warm and had lovely little red checks when we came back.

I worry about this too but I still take him out.. we use the pram bit or the carseat on our Buzz now, so I make sure he has a hat on, his big fleecy coat and socks+shoes, and cover him with a big fleecy blanket. When I get him back inside he's always sweating a bit, which is better than him being too cold.

absolutely i love taking ryan out for a walk, and its good excercise too

its fine as long as they are wrapped up. most parents actually overheat their babies i was told! i was paranoid about millie being too hot (she was born in june) but now i wrap her up warm and take her out. even now tho im constantly touching her neck checking im not overheating her!

Yes she will be fine, I have a travel system and just bundle my baby in a all in one coat, scratch mitts and pop a fleecy blanket over her and shes fine no matter how cold it is. And i alwasy pull the hood up so her head is warm.

Thea was born in October in Eastern Europe and managed to get through -14 winter days without freezing lol. Babies are tougher than we think hun. So long as she is wrapped up well the fresh air will do her more good than harm.

Yes it is safe.

In Sweden, our friends leave their babies out well wrapped in their buggies and they sleep for hours!

Baby will be absolutly fine :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back