Our Little Man Charlie - Born 15th August 2011

KellyHook

Reaction score
Well...

Sunday evening - I had a nice bath with clary sage oil, took a evening primrose oil capsule, drank 2 cups of RLT and had a bounce on my ball.. nothing out of the ordinary and felt fine, went to bed at around midnight, OH came up to bed at about 2.30am and still felt fine, 10mins later i got what i thought was a BH (which i had been having more of over the past week), and then 30mins later i realised i had been having them quite regulary and was a bit uncomfortable, so i got up and went toilet and they were still coming, i worked out that they were every 2-3mins, so i ran a bath (3am) and tried to relax, i was in the bath for 1hour and wrote down every time i got a contraction sometimes they were coming every minute but majority they were every 2-3 mins.. at 4am i got out and they were much stronger, i decided that perhaps i was in labour so rang hospital and explained that i was getting the contractions every 2-3mins, she told me to come in to be checked (as i laboured really quickly with my daughter it was better to just check) i arrived at hospital at 5am, and was put on the monitor, i was then examined at 5.30am and told that i was 5-6cm and she could feel babys head :) i was shocked as i thought i was going to be about 3cm as i was in pain but not agony. i was moved into the delivery room at around 6am, i was still walking around and having a laugh with OH (well between contractions) i then went for a bath but was only in there for around 15mins as i found it to uncomfortable lying still and on my back! so after i managed to get out and dried which is hard work when you are having contractions close together. by this time i was only getting 30seconds break between each one, i was still standing and leaning over the bed as i didnt want to lie on my back, i decided to ask for some gas and air, she fixed it up for me and i used it 3 times, as after that i got the urge to push, 2 pushes and he was out, so i gave birth standing up! i had no stitches. :dance:

Charlie was born at 6.45am on his due date and weighed 6lb 7oz,

I got my tea and toast :lol: and was discharged at 10.45am. didnt even go on to the ward.

He is just Perfect!

Will add pics when i can drag myself away from my gorgeous little man xx

What a perfect birth story! Congratulations hon! Xxx

:yay:

Massive congratulations!!

What an amazing birth story! Your so lucky, I hope mines goes as well!

Cant wait to see the pics

:)

Congrats hun :) was going to text to see how you were butl my mobile died, sounds like a prefect birth xx

Wow how lovely - congrats! (please please please let me have a birthing story like that - tee hee)

Aw congratulations hun. How amazing xxx

Congratulations again :)

Heres hoping that when my little one decides to grace us with his presence that my labour is as breezy sounding as yours

x

Congratulations!!! - Please, please, please let mine be like yours!!

What a lovely birth story Kel, hope mine goes like yours but i doubt it at the mo! XXX

I want labour like that too!!! lol

Congrats hun Lxx

amazing...u lucky bugger...lol......only kidding, congratulations xxx

Nice quick labour! congratulations Hun xx

Congratulations! I have my fingers crossed that my birth story is as pleasant as yours! Well done! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back