Ouchie :(

Hayley1608

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Im a bit of a newbie so this is my first post! I dont have many friends that have had babies so thought that this is a good way to get advice!

Im having trouble walking because of pains in my hips, lower back and pelvic area. Its worse when i sleep as i can only sleep on my sides and everytime i wake in the night (Usually to go to the toilet!) The whole side of my hip and leg is completley numb.

Its getting agonising and i was wondering if anybody is experiencing a simular thing or has any tips?

Thanks Girls,

Hayley.

Forgot to say i am 35 weeks and 2 days!

Just to give everyone a better picture of the situation :)

Probably worth seeing your doctor as it could be SPD hun. Have a read up online. I don't have it myself but from talking to ladies on here it kinda sounds like the pains you're getting may well be it. Hope you get something sorted xx

I followed your advice and read up on spd using babycentre and it does sound like this may be what is causing the pains.

Hopefully my mw may be able to advise me on the best way to manage the pains as its getting near unbearable!

Thanks for your help.

I have SPD - sounds like you have it - sorry, where are my manners??? Welcome to forum honey!!! Ha ha... I think you should refer yourself to physio or if you cant do that yourself, get your doctor to refer you. Midwife cant help you there I'm afraid and neither can GP.

In the meantime, suggest when lying in bed to prop one or 2 pillows in between your knees and ankles - I use a "V" pillow which does all in one! This stops your pelvis from going out of alignment when sleeping. The main problem you will find your pain is when you stand on one leg - right?? Ok, so now you need to avoid doing stuff one sided

1. getting out of car, keep your knees together and turn together putting both feet on floor before standing up
2. stairs - baby steps, 2 feet to each step instead of normal one for each step
3. When standing, dont rest weight onto one side/foot. Dont for exaple carry child on hip
4. when getting dressed, sit down to put on knickers and socks and trousers

I do loads of exercices on my pilates ball that were given to me from physio but if your pelvis is *out" a wee bit help from physio will get it back into place - for a while anyway. Good news is pain goes away after baby born. Bad news is its a nightmare the pain and you probably wont be able to do much for it except grin and bear it.... sorry!

Hope this helps!!

Tracey

ohh no poor you... we are around the same stage as my baby is due 24th Aug only a few days before yours so it does seem like I may be experiencing the joys of spd also!

It seems to be worse in the morning and used to ease off throughout the day but now it pretty much seems to be constant.

Thanks for the tips... I will definately try the pillows when resting and sleeping, from what I have heard unfortunately the grin and bear it technique may be the main one that i will have to adopt!

As i was taking the steps one by one a moment ago, my husband found it funny to cradle my bump as if he was carrying her for me! This didnt have the effect he had hoped but at least made me smile!

Thanks for the welcome too!

Hayley

Ur welcome!! Oh and I also wear a support belt - could not do without it if walking any further than 300 yards!!! Cant believe my physio on holiday next week, I have to wait till beginning August to see her - I may be at the crutches stage but trying to avoid if I can. I find it really hard getting to a standing position after lying down.. Never mind 6 weeks to go, 8 maximum!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back