Is this normal?

Mummy0410

Reaction score
i am 10 weeks pregnant, had a scan a couple of weeks ago and saw little peanut with a lovely heartbeat. for the past 2 days i have been dying with a cold. completely blocked nose, coughing and sneezing. when i sneeze i get a sort of shooting pain in my tummy but just when i sneeze and have been resting in bed and on the couch for the past couple of days. i noticed earlier when i stood up tho that i had another sort of crampy feeling then its gone as quick as it came. im starting to get worried :( is this normal? xxxx

Hi, yes completely normal. I had a cold recently and had exactly the same

Sorry stupid pressed send too early!

I had the same, a bad cold. I went to see the Dr about it and she said it was normal pain as you ligaments in pregnancy loosen which are affected as you sneeze and cause the pain.

I used to bring my knees up which helped a bit, hoping you cold passes really quickly as its rotten being so I'll and not bring able to take much for it.

If the pain gets worse or lasts for longer you should have a chat with your midwife x

Sounds normal to me hun, I've been getting it today, as have a bit of a cough, only the odd couple of times though x x

Awww FirstBabyEek after like my 2nd sneeze i found that bringing my knees up or bending forward stopped the pain, but thought by sneezing i might have been doing some damage so im trying to avoid it if i can. i'ts horrible, ive hardly been eating because i cant taste anything. then my 'evening sickness as i have called it' kicks in and i just feel terrible every night. when getting up of the couch today ive only noticed it happening a couple of times, the shooting pain, but trying not to get myself to worried. its so hard though as i had an ectopic a couple of months ago. and even though ive had a couple of early scans to reassure me i still get panicky at every twinge :( got my booking in appointment with the midwife on wednesday the 4th of jan so might say to her if its still the same xxxx

i hate sneezing,feels soo odd x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back