pain when sneezing

LucyB.

Reaction score
I was on the loo (peeing) and got the urge to sneeze, didn't try and hold it in, and sneezed but got this horrendous pain in my lower abdomen!! Lasted about 5-10 seconds then disappeared completely, was just wondering if this was normal!? From what googling I've done it seems to be but just wondered if any1 else had experienced it? I'm 10 weeks and 3 days xxx

I've had similar pains when sneezing, but no idea why! Im 10 weeks 4 days, so around the same as you. Had a scan last week and everything was ok, so I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

I get this if I sneeze or cough soon after having a wee. I think it's where the bladder is breathing a sigh of relief and then gets strained again xxxxxxxxx

If i cough of snezze when im laid in bed i have to make sure i draw my knees in straight away or it feels like my tummy is going to rip open ...think for me its the adhesions from c section

i usually brace myself for a sneeze and tighten my bits lol.. pregnancy hormones relaxes all your ligaments so they get strained easily. im sure everythings good xxxx

I get the same if I cough sharply. Thunk it's something to do with ligaments. I think it's normal

yes sneezing hurts, i dread it x

It's when you sneeze in public and fart at the same time....the fart is always louder than the sneeze and at that point there will be loads of people really close by. I am talking from experience here :roll:

I get this when I cough sometimes - think it's loose ligaments. Bloody hurts though!!

It's when you sneeze in public and fart at the same time....the fart is always louder than the sneeze and at that point there will be loads of people really close by. I am talking from experience here :roll:

Oh Babybrain you make me laugh so much! :)

I get that too, I don't know what it is. Also if I go for a wee I get some aching pains. Just some of the joys of pregnancy I guess!

If i'm lay in bed and I sneeze (which I do often as I have perennial rhinitis!), i get an awful pain in my lower abdomen. It lasts 10 seconds or so then dissipates, so it must be muscular. I usually have enough warning to sit up first as this stops the pain. But occassionally a sneaky one will take me by surprise!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back