OT: 14 year old with a 2 month period - still going on.

Kloe

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure where to post this, admins feel free to move to the correct topic if need be.

Hello,

This question is about about my younger sister.
Shes 14 years old and shes had her period for 2 months now.
Being a terrible/suck up teenager that she is, she's refusing to go to the doctors.
Has anyone else experienced this?
What could it be?
Should be just drag her to the doctors?

Thanks ladies x

Take her down there just to be sure- 2 months is a long time to be bleeding- could have under lying health problems!

I know when I was 14 it wasn't going to the docs about that stuff that was the issue- it was talking to a complete stranger in front of parents etc about it

Approach it sensitively-and if need be tell her you'll go with her.... She may be more forthcoming

Hiya kloe my daughter is 14 and she had very irregular periods to start with sometomes 2 a month and they where pretty heavy so i took her to the drs she was such a pain tryin to get her there but im glad i did they checked her over made sure she wasnt anemic and said we had thw option to put jer on the pill just to stop all the bleeding she had , she didnt want to go on the pill bit said if it didnt stort itself she would luckily they have now became regular , i really do tjink sje needs to be cjecked over by your gp , good luck getting her there i kmow what 14 year old girls arw like lol xx

Thanks ladies, I'm going to try and talk some sense into her.

I had a 3 week period a few years ago and was given tranexamic acid to stop it before I became anaemic. She needs to see Dr ASAP.

It could be a number of things but it does need to be checked out sooner rather than later. My friend had continuous periods like this growing up and they got worse and worse and longer and longer and then she suddenly stopped having periods altogether for 6 months. I can't remember what her problem was called but they told her she may never have kids - funnily enough she is now 6 months pregnant but it is better to get these things sorted early x

Last edited:
I'm going to take her to A&E tonight, that's not to drastic is it? Our perants are actually on holiday at the moment x

Last edited:
Hey kloe , if shes still bleeding i think thats a good idea , shes at risk of becoming aneamic if she doesnt get it sorted , good luck xx

Agreed, if she is bleeding that heavily for this long she may be very anaemic by now so it is best to get it sorted, especially in this heat with it being so hot and easy to get dehydrated I am sure that won't help her feel great either x

Last edited:
So we're at A&E an the Nurse had a go at us, said its not their problem!! Shocked she said that, but she took the information. Hope to get seen before bed time.

A and e is a little extreme I think- you should have booked an emergency appointment with your gp...

No wonder the nurse got funny -

I don't know the phone numbers of any GB, plus my parents are away too, and I doubt they would let me make one as I'm not her parent? I don't know. My patents just keep leaving it so I've taken it apon myself to get this sorted.

Last edited:
when I was that age I would have 40 day cycles and my AF would last 15 days and be very very heavy! and I thought that was long! so af for 2 months is not good- she really does need to see a doctor - surely it's getting her down by now - she's probably more shy/embaressed to be going to the doctor about periods I know I didn't like it much = but I was given medication to make my bleeding less and shorter.

hope she gets it sorted.

Still waiting! Just hoping we get a female doctor.

Well not sure what's going to happen, all they told us is we need to arrange a blood test

I had this. Awful irregular periods where they wouldn't appear for months on end and then would turn up seemingly all in one go. They gradually got better as I got older to the point where it would be just the case of missing a few here and there but not very often.

I know she's 14 but is she on any contraceptive such as the injection? Because I do know from various friend's accounts that they had ongoing periods whilst on them etc.

After all of that she refuses to take a blood text and the problem has miraculously stopped. We've got a hunch that she was just attention seeking.

Sounds like a bit of an irregular period hun, my best friend was like this! Poor girl! Take her to docs,she might have to be out on the pill!xxx

O Just read your last message, sorry I replied a bit late lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back