• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!

Iriki

Reaction score
I never thought I'd actually be glad to hear that someone was dead - but if anyone deserved to die that monster did!!!!
I lost a cousin in 9/11, and I know two wrongs don't make a right, but if there's any justice in the next life, this man will be roasting tonight!

Just woke up and checked fb from my phone and saw this so I've come downstairs and put the news on.

How long before the conspiracy theories begin?
I'm more concerned about what's going to happen now with regards to revenge and retaliation :(

How long before the conspiracy theories begin?
I'm more concerned about what's going to happen now with regards to revenge and retaliation :(

That's what I was thinking although I like to hear some of the conspiracy theories. I'm guessing the people who believe 9/11 was an inside job probably won't believe bin laden is dead or they may believe he was already dead.

Was also thinking about the revenge thing too :/ scary stuff!

I don't believe for a second that him being killed is something to celebrate, infact, I'd almost go as far as to say they should just have let him be! Yes, he's orchestrated many truly horrific things, but in killing him, they've made a martyr of him! And not only that, but the word wide fall out of this is going to be pretty horrific as well I think :( ever since te war began, he'll have been training up his sucessors, who will most likely have even more warped ideas than him! And like I saw on Facebook before, he's goin to have had a list drawn up of "places to bomb if they ever kill me"! Al quaida (sp) isn't made up of just one man, this isn't the end, it's merely the end of the beginning...

And, the afghan war's been going on 10 years now, and all of a sudden, with no fuss leading to it, they announce truce found him, killed him and buried him at sea! Why couldn't they do that 10 years ago and stop all the loss of innocent lives?!

I totally agree ^^^

I feel that news of his death isn't something to celebrate. It wasn't justice being served, but rather vengeance being taken. If it was justice, surely they would have captured him instead of shooting him in the head? There will be a queue of fanatics waiting to take the helm and ensure that horrible repercussions ensue as a result. I might be cynical, but I'm worried about the fallout. Yes, one less evil person is in the world, but at what price? I fear that this is the start of something horrible :(

Very profound mmgi! I was just going to say that the proverbial will hit the fan now :-( x

I was wondering if al quaida thought 'well we don't need him any more' and actually led US troops to him? (conspiracy theory). I wonder if the people who lost people in 9/11 feel like 'justice has been done'. Mmg&i is right-this is just the end of the beginning.

My first thought was that as it is 10 years since sept 11th this year some serious questions would have been asked about why on earth it had taken that long to find him.

It made me think of the moon landing - it was promised that man would have set foot on the moon by the end of the 60s and then just before the end of the 60s in 1969 this was achieved......aparently.......

I know it's profound, an I don't expect everyone to agree! I've also said about te proverbial hitting the fan this morning! I just can't see how this is going to be a good thing at all! But, eamonn Holmes said this morning, will we ever really know if it's him?! I can't remember if it was him or someone else that got someone to have plastic surgery so they looked like him? How will we ever truly know it was him?

I believe that the Pakistani government have lots of questions to answer as I honestly believe they have been hiding and protecting him. This is how he has escaped so many times, US intelligence find his location and liaise with the Pakistani government and low and behold he disappears again. Only this time they did not inform the Pakistani government of this information - surprisingly they caught him this time. I believe it's corruption on a major scale. I agree with Alice that this is probably only the beginning and I often say I wonder what plans he has orchestrated on the event of his death. DNA can confirm it's him but as we know unless people see it for themselves conspiracy theories will continue to appear. I think that him being buried at sea is a good thing, no shrine to make a martyr of him and tbh if they had of captured him and put him to trial I think the situation would be a hell of a lot worse. Can you imagine, hostages for his release etc!!

My first thought on hearing the news this morning was that there will be some manner of retaliation now from his followers. As others have said, there's no way some of his followers wouldn't have been trained to carry on in the event of his death.
I can understand the people of New York and Washington and others affected by 9/11 taking to the streets and celebrating the news, but think that the American government have come across as very cocky when delivering the news when really they should be thinking that they are perhaps even a bigger target now than before.
I never thought I'd say this but David Cameron actually made some sense when he said we need to be extra vigilant over the coming weeks.

I don't think retaliation will come in the next few weeks, there may be some "small" incidents, but I think they'll bide their time. They know the vast majority of places will be in a high state of alert and they'll wait for sone of the hype to die down first...

^^^agree - I think they will wait it out before doing something major.

^^^^^ Agree too, these people are clever. I don't think the general public will ever know the truth about all of this. There's so much corruption, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Oval office today!

Bin Laden dead,the hills speak no more,I bet this is the start of something worse to come.I reckon the terrorists will all start to come out.They have said they threw his body in the sea,they haven't released any photos of his dead body so i can understand why some people wont believe it till there is proof!!..They would not kill a man like him they prob have him underground and are tourting him for information and then when they do get what they need then they kill him

im not even sure if he is dead! ...buried at sea?? i just dont really believe it.
why wouldnt they show him (his body) if you know what i mean. im really sceptical.... and like helen123 said,im more concerned about whats going to happen now, he had a lot of fans, admirers who im sure will want to continue in his "honour".... if you know what i mean.... hmmmm

The world will still be a dangerous place that's for sure. I certainly wouldn't like to be a US diplomat right now either, not in any country! As for burying him at sea, I've now heard that there were 2 reasons - firstlyvthe Saudis didn't want his body and secondly the US didn't want there to be any kind of 'shrine' wherever he may have been buried. My reaction was simple though - WTF?!! It all smacks of a cover up to me, abd I wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole thing isn't a setup to allow the US into Pakistan under the guise of them harbouring terrorists. It all stinks of a setup to me.

Oh God this is the first Iv heard of this....my initial reaction is eek. Really worrying to think what the repercussions of this one will be...:(

I can't help feeling un-easy about all the stuff going on in Liba either.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back