organic food for when your baby arrives

oliviarose

Reaction score
hey ladies!
my little angel is due is 4 months, so excited!
my friends daughter is 5 months old and shes just started her on organic baby food, i was interested so tried a little, because obviously i wouldnt want to give my baby anything i hadnt tried, and would eat myself. now this food was lovely! and im definitely going to be giving it to my little one when shes ready for it.
they have a range for different age groups and lots of different products and flavors. i honestly think theyre great products and just wanted to share with all you other mummies to be!
it wont let me post the link as i havent apparently made enought posts yet,
but the name of the site is
organix
with 'com' at the end not 'uk'
but you can also purchase them at lots of supermarkets such as asda.

We eat organic anyway.

Problem with those foods is they are still processed and not as good as fresh food. More expensive too.

You'd be best just buying as much organic as you can already and then once the baby is old enough for solids they can have things like sweet potato, carrot, butternut squash, parsnip etc etc boiled, steamed or baked/roasted. And soft fruit and veg (plums, banana, avocado etc) can be given raw.
When we went out I would pack a banana for DD rather than buying processed babyfood.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna give my little on exactly what I'm eating but will be blended I always make enough to freeze anyway so will be enough for baby to have eventually.xx

If you wean at or after 6 months there is no need to blend or puree anything. Babies do very well with chewing, even if they have no teeth. As long as it's soft their gums manage :) x

We did baby led weaning with our now 2 year old, it was brilliant fun. Look into it! Discussing with my mum the other day about how much of a non-fussy eater her is, and she thinks the BLW did it, however I'm now of the opinion that the way he was weaned didn't - but it taught me to be very trusting of him with his appetite and I don't worry if he doesn't eat. If that makes sense?

Well supposedly when babies can taste the individual flavours they grow up liking a wider variety of foods. When it's blended they can't really tell the individual flavours of the ingredients, so then when older and presented with just some broccoli or peas or whatever, not blended with other things, they don't like it.

Not sure how true it is, my eldest who was weaned onto purees will eat more veg than my 2nd who was weaned with BLW, no purees. Though ironically the eldest who was weaned onto purees hates sauces and gravies etc, the youngest who was BLW'd will only eat veg with copious amounts of gravy :eh:
And the eldest will only really eat strawberries, sometimes pineapple, no other fruit, youngest happily eats just about any fruit. They are both fussy but in different ways lol.
So swings and roundabouts I guess lol.

But, I definitely think it was more fun doing BLW with my second and definitely helps you relax over what (or how much) they eat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back