Organic babyclothes and other things...

zebrastripes

Reaction score
I am trawling the net searching for some reasonablyish priced organic/fairtrade/ etc clothes as I am suffering from some guilt in regards to all the little 7 year olds slaving away for baby Next, wheer i buy many of Willow's clothes.
Can anyone recommend any sites? At the minute all I'm getting is dresses costing £55 that a child will be out of in no time.
I know that ethical clothing will cost more, but seriously £55 for a dress, the 7 year olds in Taiwan better get sewing because there is no way i can afford that :shock:

Also I realise to my horror, I am looking at clothes for 6-12 months and thinking, no point getting her that, she'll be out of it in no time as she's almost 10 months :shock: :shock: :shock: she won't be a baby any more :( :( :( and I have to buy her pyjamas now as she's getting a bit past the baby gro stage

I just can't believe my baby is now becoming a child..and not a baby!

:lol:

OMG I feel so bad! I get nearly all of Ella's clothes from Next.. :(
I have no idea where to get organic baby clothes..perhaps Gap? But they're really exensive aswell. I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

I know New Look do organic cotton womens clothing, and they have a kids section... maybe they do organic kids? No idea but worth a look maybe? x

poppy160 said:
I have no idea where to get organic baby clothes..perhaps Gap? But they're really exensive aswell. I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

Gap are pretty much the same I think. :(

It's actually making me feel so guilty, the idea of kids not much older than babs slaving away for like 3p an hour, just to make her those little dresses i think are so cute.. :?

Now I can't find any enjoyment in buying her clothes :(

leckershell said:
I know New Look do organic cotton womens clothing, and they have a kids section... maybe they do organic kids? No idea but worth a look maybe? x

ooohhh....I'll have to have a look when I'm in town monday!

zebrastripes said:
poppy160 said:

Gap are pretty much the same I think. :(

It's actually making me feel so guilty, the idea of kids not much older than babs slaving away for like 3p an hour, just to make her those little dresses i think are so cute.. :?

Now I can't find any enjoyment in buying her clothes :(

:(

Here's some brilliant sites zs.

Makes A Change

People Tree

Ethical Superstore

I can't afford to buy from these, although I do love the clothes.

DD's clothes are 99% charity shop bargains, hand-me-downs or gifts so I don't feel so bad about the brands she wears as I'm recycling second, third or fourth hand.

Valentine Xxx

There are a few dresses here.

And here, where you can read about the companies who made them and they use fairtrade materials :) although they don't have a massive range and the sizes might not be any good.

And these might be worth a look too, they look more reasonable than £55 anyway!

Ahhhh thanks!

They don't look too amazingly espensive...can just about pass it off with the excuse it's for her birthday *cough*
:lol:

Lots of stores do an organic or fairtrade range. Including Next! They don't have a huge selection but I know I've got several organic tops and jeans from Next, LO does too. Also catalogues like Littlewoods, Kays, Additions etc do organic ranges now too, again not a huge selection but I can only guess if people stared to buy more the ranges would increase. You can also find organic clothing online in places like Jojo Bebe, some high street stores have organic clothing too but you tend to need to find the bigger stores that actually stock them.

I love Cut 4 Cloth! They'e fab for fitting over nappies. I've had some Ebay bargains or there are lots of stockists if you google :)

I've got a couple of their babygros that I got for a bargain £3 odd (new) on a website that was having a sale. They're really good quality :)

Most of my baby clothes are Frugi, some Villervalla, and some Piccalilly & Little Green Radicals (all organic cotton & Fair trade as far as I know.

I also have a few John Lewis organic vests and babygrows in plain white.

And a few non-organic clothes in bigger sizes (3-6/6-12m from Kid Colour.)

Natural Baby Shower only sell organic stuff :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back