Feel really guilty!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Mums,

My second baby is 6 weeks old and I also have a 2 and a half year old little girl. I am at home with them both and I find I am really irritable with my little girl. She is really well behaved but constantly is calling "mum" and then saying nothing. I turned around the other day and just shouted "shut up" to her! She replied "okay" (which made me feel terrible). I cried after and swore I would not speak to her like that again! The next day I snapped at her for something else. I just feel that where ever she goes in the house she leaves a massive mess - toys, clothes, books etc.....I feel sooooo guilty for getting annoyed with her!

It is not all the time, but too often for my liking. We are starting to get into a routine with my new baby so I think this will help. 2 kids is such a shock to the system!! More than double the work!!!

Anyone else in the same boat??? My DH helps out when he is home from work and my mum is great, so it is not through lack of support!!

Julia xxxxx

Hiya hun,

I can only just cope with one baby so god knows what its like with two! I think the only thing you can do is walk away for a couple of minutes and just calm down when you can feel yourself just about to snap. Sorry.. cant be of much help. :hug:

Claire x

I know exactly how you feel! DD does the same thing saying "mum" and then not saying anything else and it's so annoying. I'm also short tempered with her even though I try so hard not to be. What I do find helps a bit is that when DS is asleep or when OH is home is I make a point of doing something with her, even if it's just a cuddle or a chat. It's hard especially as I'm usually tired and want a rest myself during this time but it works because it means she's a bit more patient with me when I have to say no I can't do what she wants right away because I'm doing something with DS.

I think it's just a case of riding it out and things will get better. But you're right, the work doesn't just double!

Last edited:
Thanks Claire and Becky,

Things have calmed down a bit. I just have moments of madness! I spoke to a friend in the same position and she said that it is common but obviously needs to be controlled. It can only get better!!

Don't feel so guilty now - thought everyone would shout at me!!!

Julia xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back