Oral Thrush in Babies

Mrs. KM

Reaction score
K has oral thrush and was prescribed meds last week. It seems to be getting better, but she is always chewing on her hands. Do you think it's because her mouth is uncomfortable from the thrush, or is it just something babies start doing around 10-11 weeks? She also comletely refuses bottles and dummies, and I am wondering if that is because of the thrush or she is just stubborn lol. She was combination fed until almost 6 weeks.

Not sure tbh but charlies never bothered him and he was ff and was a right piggy. I just remember it kept coming back it was a right pain x

Alyssa has that and takes her bottle or boob fine really. just has a white tongue. shes eating her hands too atm but thats teething i think

Kynon was the same, don't think its related to the thrush though. We we giving bottles of expressed milk then all of a sudden around 10 weeks he refused it and has never wanted a dummy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

When Alyssia got it she was refusing dummies till her mouth felt better the medicine seemed to work pretty quickly though! X

Thanks girls! I just brought her to the well baby clinic and the nurse thinks the hand chewing is teething! I wasn't expecting it so early because I didn't teethe until around 10-11 months lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back