Help - what a dummy!!

Kerrieanne

Reaction score
My 11 week old Emily has stopped taking her dummy. Her new favorite is her fingers. Because she keeps putting her hands in her mouth she now has thrush on her tounge. Its quite common in babies so she has some medicine.

Thing is I would rather her take a dummy than her hands so how do I get her out of this horrible habbit??

I don't think you will. It's a babies way if exploring the world and pacifying themselves it's also a milestone I believe that they know they can do that.

Angel still does this even now at nearly 6 months. I think it is just them playing and exploring hun x

I feel your pain, harrison has learnt how to take out his dummy hold it in one hand and shove his other hand in his gob till he gags then cries coz he cant quite get his dummy back in!! Cant wait till he ca just suck his thumb or something!! I have found using teething granules takes away the urge to bite the hands so dunno if it is coz of teething but it works for us!!
xxxx

im in the same boat...lo used to take his dummy,with a little effort he never really liked it..now hes point blank refusing it and chewing his hands..it used to get him to sleep too so now im stuck on how to get him to sleep...

Ita probably a phase, my lo was more interested in his hands/fingers at that age but then went back to taking his dummy. Xx

Thank you girls, great help. I'm Going to keep offering the dummy and may get her a teether too see if that helps. Glad I'm not alone in this, seems like a common problem. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back