advice on ov timing please.....

clucky77

Reaction score
Hey all

I did an OPK test yesterday and it came out positive, but today it's negative. Does that mean I should have Ov'd today? Do you get 2 OPK + in a row?
Yesterday was the first I had done in a while as I had a m/c :( just over weeks ago and wasn't sure when things would tart up again , so not sure if I started testing too late???
Today I had some soreness on my left and was wondering if that could be ovulation? Can you get a little pain when ovulating for 1st time after a D and C.
And when you use the OPKs can you get a + and a - in 2 consecutive days... does that mean you have Ov'd in between and the LH surge has gone down?

Am worried we missed the boat as only BD last night and Tue night this week....

The same thing happened to me earlier this month, one evening (at 11pm) almost a postive line, and the next day (around 2pm) No line!

I presumed I ovulated early that morning as I woke with very bad pains, like you very nearly missed it.

Some ladies seem to get a positive for 2-3 days and others have never seen a positive.

Based on my experience you may well have ovulated, especially if you felt a bit sore!

OPK's are supposed to tell you that you are going to ovulate within 12 - 36 hours.....but they are a little hit & miss.

Hmmmmm, got another -ve so maybe the 1st + i got was at the end of my evelated LH levels.

Does anyone know how quickly LH levels go back down after Ov?

I'd say that you're ovulating today. The month that I caught I got two positives and then a negative. Because I was temping I know that I ov'd on the first day that I got a negative.
That's great that you BDd last night. Go for it again tonight to make sure!!
xx

i personally never got on with opks but i would say anytime you get a positive then take advantage of it if you can. remember you can bd up to 5 days before you ovulate as the sperm can survive that long in your body so you may still be ok. :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back