OPKS and boredom!!

LovelyL

Reaction score
Anyone else bored of waiting for positive OPKs?!
I'm on CD12 now and starting to think that it's not gonna come! Im impatient and its really dragged so far!! Its my first month using these - last month I just guessed. I know it's a bit early but I use the fertility friend app and that predicts (based on previous cycles) I should be ovulating today and tomorrow? But no positive yet? Only been off pill 3 months so guess my body's not fully adjusted to the real world properly yet haha! X

Me too find it really boring and get annoyed when the oh asks if Ive done it...think of I ever saw a dark line would feel better and be happier to do it?

It is utterly boring I agree. My af arrived yesterday and after the disappointment subsided my next thought was 'oh no, opk time again soon', it's a necessary evil! Xxx

It's horrible isn't it girls! Right from when AF finishes to getting a positive OPK feels like a lifetime! But on the plus side its the only time of the month you can't invent symptoms that aren't really there ha!

Sorry the witch got you :-( xx

It's horrible isn't it girls! Right from when AF finishes to getting a positive OPK feels like a lifetime! But on the plus side its the only time of the month you can't invent symptoms that aren't really there ha!

Sorry the witch got you :-( xx

Ha ha great plus side, I'd not thought of it like that!
The good thing is now that I've been using them a couple of cycles I've started to recognise ovulation pain and if I predict it right again this month I might scrap them and try intuition next time, take the boring pressure off! Mind you, if that cycle resulted in a bfn I'd blame lack of opks ha!

:wall2:

I think I may have missed my +OPK as I was only testing once a day. Does the EWCM come after or when you are OV?

I think I may have missed my +OPK as I was only testing once a day. Does the EWCM come after or when you are OV?

Think I missed mine also I started from cd12 (now cd21) and not had +opk but noticed last couple of days I have had lots of ewcm. Where in your cycle are you x

I started on CD 8 and I am now CD 19 but i was only testing once a day at about 2pm so I have been told by others I may have had a surge but missed it. We BD on CD11 and 15 and the other day I had slight bleeding for about 12-24 hours, I could taste a weird metally flavour in my mouth which was stronger when I touched my tongue to my teeth (which I heard could be a symptom but probably just a coincidence) and had the feeling like I was getting AF although she's not due for at least a week! I know it's all too early if anything happened on CD15 but wondered if I may have missed surge and got lucky on CD 11. Oh on around CD 13-15 I had more EWCM than usual but wasnt sure if this would come at OV or after! I really should know more about my body should i??!!! hehe!!

Am in the same boat, af not due yet but got symptoms of af, ewcm too at mo, but I believe I may have missed +opk but I was testing 3 times a day :poas:, I am just getting to know my body again with help from this forum and an iPerod tracker, will be stalking you lol to see how you get on as we're about the same time dof cycle :friends:

I might scrap them and try intuition next time, take the boring pressure off! Mind you, if that cycle resulted in a bfn I'd blame lack of opks ha!

:wall2:

Well last month I just went off ovulation calendars and predictions and I got bfn so that made me slightly frustrated thinking the dates were obviously wrong! But if you've had a few months getting to know your cycle then why
not! Heard so many stories about people giving up on all that and falling straight away! Fx x

It's really difficult and frustrating isn't it! Since this is my first cycle using OPKs I started using one a day from the first day AF finished (also at around 2pm) Today (CD13) I have just done one which looks much much darker than all the others so I'm gonna do another one later and see if it's any darker and bd tonight just in case. Some people do ovulate quite late sometimes so maybe thats whats happening? x

Dose anyone think this is a positive? Or should it be darker? X ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340452935.630305.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340452888.742609.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340452888.742609.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 6
Dose anyone think this is a positive? Or should it be darker? X View attachment 21399

It looks close but the control kine still appears to be slightly darker than the test line = negative... I had a few like this leading up to my positive OPK if that helps??

Also in response to an earlier comment about EWCM + ovulation, this cycle I had EWCM 2-3days before (and including the day of) my positive OPK, usually when I start to get EWCM thats when I start testing twice / day + doing lots of BD xx

Dose anyone think this is a positive? Or should it be darker? X View attachment 21399

It looks close but the control kine still appears to be slightly darker than the test line = negative... I had a few like this leading up to my positive OPK if that helps??

Yeah thanks! I thought control line was slightly darker too but the more I looked at it the more I couldn't tell anymore ha! Going to take another one in a min so il see what that looks like.

Am I right in thinking the actual ovulation takes place AFTER I've had a positive OPK and not during? Not sure whether to BD tonight or wait til I get an actual positive - OH is out tonight and don't know if I can stay awake long enough waiting for him to come in! x

Yeah you are absolutely right, ovulation takes place 24-48 hours after a positive OPK & remember sperm can live up to 5 days before it meets & greets that little egg :) so if possible its best to BD as much as you can 3 days either side of that positive OPK (thats if you know when you are usually due that positive OPK, as I say for me its usually when I first start getting EWCM) xx

Ahh I thought so. Hmm might be worth pouncing on him before he goes out then haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back