Opks and LH Surge advice please

tiggy

Reaction score
I have just started using opks this month and am on cd14 which up to now have assumed is ovulation day (I have a regular 28 day cycle). I'm using the clear blue ones and havenot had a positive test! I kno everyone is different but how long are your cycles and on what day in your cycle do you get your positive opk? Confused now!! Xx

Pre mc I had a regular 31 day cycle and ovulated on cd 19. Pre opks what did you use to predict your ovulation. It may not have been as accurate. Plus Im definetly no expert but I know people have said that if your pee is diluted or the time of day can make a difference to a positive opk!

Hi Tiggy

I currently have a 29 day cycle (used to be 28 day) and been getting +ve OPKs around CD15 and 16. I use the ultra-cheap ebay tests.

Have you had a faint line or anything yet?

It might be you just ovulate slightly later than you thought! :)

xx

Hey I have a 28 day cycle and get positive OPK's on CD11/CD12 using the Clear Blue Digitals. Do you temp as well? As that will be able to let you know when you have ovulated.

I have a 26-28 day cycle and usually OV at CD15-16.

The internet cheapies are useful because they are so cheap you can use two a day and it won't bankrupt you. In the 1st month of using them I did them morning and evening from the day after AF stopped until I OV'd. That way when you are first working out your cycle you don't miss OV if you are an earlier OVer. Then next month you can use them just around the time you know you OV. Also if you use the CB ones as well they are more expensive so you will know when to use them.

I would suggest doing them morning and evening at first because sometimes your LH surge can literally 1/2 a day so it's easy to miss.

Hi - I have 28/29-day cycles and I usually get my peak surge on CD13 and 14. I'm using a Clear Blue Digital as well. Your surge can vary from month to month - it won't always be on the same day, so don't worry if you are a day or two out. I don't get a high reading on mine - I go from low to peak every time, so I don't get much warning. You might find you'll suddenly get a peak reading in the next day or so.

Hey - this is my first month of using OPK's also (on 10th cycle) i'm usually 28 days also, been one day late the odd time but normally 28 days and to my suprise I had 2 very dark lines on day 13 (reckon I would have had dark lines on day 12 if i'd tested then) ... on day 14 my line was lighter and it's got lighter ever since so even though i'm 28 days I reckon I ovulate earlier than I thought so it can go either way and this may be what is happening in your case!

Thanks for the advice everyone I think I need to get some cheapies then and test twice a day, would bankrupt me using the clear blue ones twice a day lol! Just scared I'm not ovulating for some reason x

Also worth mentioning. Women tend to OV 12-36 hours AFTER a positive OPK. So when u see a dark line or smiley face it's your que to jump on your OH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back