Help with OPKs and fertility friend app!

LovelyL

Reaction score
Hi girlies!

I'm very confused this morning! Basically I've had positive OPKs Saturday, Sunday, yesterday and this morning (I know you shouldn't do it in the morning all the others were in the afternoon and will test again later). Firstly is it normal to get a positive 4 days in a row???!!!

Secondly I've been using the fertility friend app for charting temp etc. I don't think my temps are accurate as they are all over the place even though I take them as soon as I wake up (the time has varied but only by about an hour). Based on my temps it says on my calendar I was fertile/ovulated from Wednesday last week until Saturday even though I put down a negative OPK. This is what it shows me: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340699486.688050.jpg
when I then go in on those days and click to discard the temps it goes like this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340699587.146726.jpg
Even when I change today's results to a negative and to discard the temp - just to see if it changes - it stays green (meaning fertile). I'm really confused because if the first picture is right I've not DTD at the right times because the OPK was negative!! Please help!! X

hi hon, I'm not a charter so cant help there.

However OPKS are my thing... Unlike HPTS a line isnt positive until at least as dark as the control,? I can also get feint but negatives in the run up to the surge, then positives that get darker (I test a LOT fmu, 12 and 10pm in fertile window). Also been known to have 3 days of +ves, and this cycle my strongest being CD15 with FMU!!!!

I cant see all your FF but did you check your cm, it really helps understand the opks and charts, do you know what days you had eqq-white mucus (or when you went back to dry/creamy?)

Hi, in terms of the cm, don't really understand much about all that but over the last two days been abit sticky I would say and abit more sort of just dry-ish today. Also my temp has been much higher today and yesterday.
The positives I've had over the last few days are at the top of this picture - todays isn't on here but the test line is slightly darker than the control line today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340704818.051931.jpg
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it I think I'm going mad because of this stupid app confusing me! X

Just done another one now but it's not as dark as it was this morning
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340705716.796375.jpg
X

The top three are all positives, based on that and your cm (read ff info but tbh I check everytime I wipe) My guess from opks and cm you ovd yesterday or the day before - would make sense with your temps too I think? Hope thats what you wanted to hear!!

BTW if this isnt your month, try :bd: every other day in the run up to OV that way you dont stress as much that youve missed your chance! (or try sperm meets egg plan)

Well I DTD on sat night (well more like 3am Sunday) but OHs been ill the last two nights so haven't been able to do it since grrrr! Hopefully gonna DTD tonight just in case.
Defo gonna try the smep method next month!

When I've googled it (yes I know it's the devil!) you shouldn't really test after you have the first positive OPK but I can't help it! And apparently you are only meant to get high temp after you've ovulated so I shouldn't still be getting +OPK if my temp is high! This is all so confusing! X

I reckon 3am Sun means you're in with a good chance :D

I know it takes 3 days rise to confirm OV (I dont chart but have read) so keep on plugging into FF. As for OPKs yes I know that too, but Im a :poas: and control freak and like to know when the LH has fallen :D It can hang around for while, esp like me you saw feint lines before you got all those +ves.

FC you wont need the SPEM next month

:dust:

Aw thanks for all the advice :)

Guess I just need to be patient now lol nothing else I can do! Keep reading up about how more than 3 +OPKs in a row can mean the egg is struggling to release and it may never break out! Ahh! Only a slight chance but once that thought is planted in your head...! X

step away from google! Youre probably just using opks that are more sensitive than you need, every month I get at least 2 sometimes 3 days worth positives on them, and it doesnt mean anything... check out the opk questions on peeonastick.com

Oooo i'll have a little look thanks :)

Just done another (obsessive I know!) and I think it's a negative - it looks slightly lighter woop! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back