OPKs and BBT

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi girls, as you are prob aware, Christmas came early for me this morning! I got my OPKs and basal thermometer in the post, yay! :yay:

Anyways, my plan was to start the BBT tomorrow morning and the OPKs I'm still working out - I don't want to start them too late in my cycle because it varies so much but then again I don't want to start them too early because that would just be wasting them lol. :confused:

I will probably end up doing my BBT at around 6am as I normally wake up with OH but it does vary so will have to set an alarm on my phone. I'm not sure what time of day is best for OPKs, though I've heard afternoon is better and it even says that on the leaflet I got with them, so was thinking BBT at 6am and OPK at 4pm.

Does this all sound ok?

I'm completely new to this so please feel free to correct/advise me! :)

x x

Hi MissJuly10 - I can't help you out on this one im afraid. Im new to all these OPK's and only started using them on Friday (still no positive although the calculators state I should have Ovulated on the Sunday 28th) They are already confusing me!!
What mUI are your OPK's? I got 30mUI and getting faint lines on them grrrr :(
xxx

hello my lovely..

yes that sounds fine to me......at least at 6am you should be roughly the same temp each day as you will just be in bed...if that makes sense..lol....4pm is a good time to test opk too....i would start to test from cd9 onwards........i normally start to get darker lines around cd9 - cd11 and then usually get much darker lines cd 12 - cd14 approx.........they don't always get as dark as the control line but it's clear to see the difference if you keep them, oh and label them :)

xxx

yeah my opks never got as dark as my controll line huny!!
timing sounds good too.
i cant give u a date to start using as ur cycles r so all over the place but maybe the sooner the better i think my opks are 25 miu ?? not to sure

Hi MissJ :)
Hooray for your new goody pack!
I think that all sounds fine, I don't know much about BBT but I know Kizzi is a pro! I tested between 7-8pm when I got my positive surge but I think they say either 11am, 3pm, 5pm & 10pm x

Louize - Mine are 20miu I think. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it somehow hehe! :) x x

Samsgirl - Aw hiya hun! Yeah, should be the same time every day, the only reason why it would change is if OH gets up later in which case I'd lay in a little longer but the majority of the time I'm up at 6am. I will prob use my OPKs a bit later as my cycles range from 40-65 days but as I said, I don't want to use them too early or too late. :confused: Will definitely label them, I've even got a black marker at the ready! :D x x

Minx - I thought the line was supposed to be the same as or darker than the control line for it to be a positive? x x

Jen - Thanks hun, have got a chart on fertilityfriend so will have to learn how to use it lol. Hmm ok maybe I'll do my OPK about 7pm then. x x

Haha, thanks Jen. I'm not sure I'm much of a pro at understanding my temps, but I am good at sticking the thermometer in my mouth while I'm semi-conscious and scribbling down the numbers before falling asleep again. :lol:

Fertility friend is good for tracking things though because you can also record your CP, CM & OPK results. :)

I've signed up to FF but no idea how to use it, it's SO confusing! x x

The bit that says Enter Data or Period Signs is the main bit you'll be wanting to use, just put in the bits you can (temperature, time you took it, any CM, etc.) There's other tabs which have things like Secondary (where you put your CP) and then there's tests as well where you can put OPKs, etc.

Let me know if you're wanting help getting to grips with it. :)

well they do say that missj but it varies from women n test i think n what time of day you do it :(

Hi Miss July, i would agree those times sound good, i always do my OPK at about 6.30pm and i have had a positive each month on the week i was expecting xx

Hi girls, used my basal thermometer this morning, when I turned it on it already had a temperature on it and then it said Lo?? I popped it in my mouth for a minute or two and it said 98.35?????? Did I bugger it up????

I did it at 7.16am. x

is it not meant to bleep?? i dont know much bout it hun sorry i cudnt help more and the lo is because it wasnt reading a temp n can u not change it from f to C xx

It's a digital one and only has an on/off button lol. I will have a re-read of the instructions, I probably didn't leave it in for long enough. x x

Hey!

As soon as you press the button just stick it in your mouth as the temp it shows is either room temp or the last reading before sating 'Lo'. Once you put it in your mouth, it should beep several times to tell you it's done...it's really loud so you can't miss it. Write down the result (yours must be in fahrenheit). You may need to press the button one more time to switch it off. Hope this helps!
P.S. Will 6am be ok at the weekend too? Not that it matters too much, but using an electric blanket or hot water bottle in winter may change things. Oh yeah, the 'Secondary' info on FertFriend is great as you can say when you've had alcohol too, as again, this could change the temp!

Good Luck!

xxx

Ah that's great thanks hun. I don't think I left it in for long enough so I'll give it a try in a minute and see if it beeps. x x

Yeah, have a play around with it - you'll soon figure it out. Don't worry about the farenheit either as Fertfriend can convert it for you

xxx

Last edited:
Yeah mine's the same as LuciaLeek's. I'm forever putting it in my mouth and accidentally turning it off, then after five minutes dozing end up having to pop it out and realising that I never actually did it.

My temp is going up and up and up at the moment. If it keeps going like this I'm going to explode! Or maybe I have a cold. :lol:

Lol! I didn't do it this morning because I tried leaving it in last night, to see if it bleeped and got no bleep! I read the leaflet that came with it and it said it will make a buzzer type sound after 1-2 minutes...????

Gahh, will have to try AGAIN! Lol, trust me to make taking my temperature complicated! x x

missJ suonds like a nightmare lol! hope it works for you tomorrow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back