OPK's and BBT thermometer just arrived!

eldraW

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just recieved my ovulation tests and BBt thermometer in post after being a day late lol.
Also im on CD11 now so best start testing. Anyone else at this stage? x

I'm a few days behind you, CD8 just now.

It's good to start testing now, you shouldn't be too late, especially with the OPKs. Do you know how long your cycle is? :)

Hi,
Its normally 28 but last few months ive been having a few problems with it. I was going to start testing a bit earlier but unfortunatley they only just arrived. So hopefully not too late. x

You might find it's difficult to get an accurate graph with the temping this month because mine doesn't seem to make much sense unless I've done it for the whole cycle, but start now because you'll want to get into the habit of taking your temperature.

Hopefully you're not too late to start doing OPKs. I started doing mine CD11 last cycle and got a couple of really faint lines before getting a definite positive on CD16. That worked out as a 27 day cycle. My OPKs should still be in the gallery. :)

Thanks,

I wasnt to sure wether to just leave the temp for this month but like you say it gets me in the swing of things i suppose.

Im hoping im not too late lol, we'll see though, Would you bd as many times as you can in your fertile days or every other day? Just as some people say different things to whats best. Hope you dont mind me asking. x

Last cycle we did it A LOT. :lol:

Looking at my notebook we did it CD13, CD14, CD15, CD16 (2 times, which was O-day), CD17, CD18 (2 times) & CD19. :lol:

Normally we aim for at least every other day, but we're a bit :bd: crazy sometimes! Then maybe do it a bit extra on Ov day, just for luck. ;)

LOl, I think im defo going to give it all ive got and bd at every giving oppurtunity lol, Im sure this will be ok. Hope you get ya BFP soon x

I like to try different things each month to keep it fresh and exciting.

Good luck for you too. Hope you're moving to tri 1 soon. :D

Sounds like a good idea, Just took my first OPk and it was negative :( x

I found it happened really suddenly. I went from no lines, to a really faint hint of a line if you squinted, to a slightly less faint line, to a clear positive, then nothing.

I also found I got a better result when I tested a bit later in the day (normally around 3pm). I think everyone's different so it takes a bit of experimentation until you find what works for you. :)

I am working it out right arent i? My last period begun on 9th november x

Yeah, you're on CD11 just now. I have a little notebook which I keep all of my dates, possible symptoms in and things like that to help me keep track of it, plus I use Fertility Friend to record my temperatures.

Keeps me from getting confused. :)

Thanks so much for your help, Is it ok to get a neg on cd11? Im also making a note of everything. Sorry if im being a pest. x

Yeah, I don't think there's a problem with not having a positive on CD11. You're supposed to Ov around 14 days before AF. I didn't get my surge until CD16 and that was a 27 day cycle, so if you're 28 days or longer then it might not show up for another couple of days. And you might go from nothing, to something, to nothing really quickly.

It's a really good feeling when you finally get that little pink line, I was convinced that I wasn't Oving, so it was a real relief to get it. :)

& you're not being a pest, everyone has to start somewhere. ;)

Aw thanks.... i hope i get my pink line very soon lol. I Think i just so flustered because of the last couple of cycles that i have had and a suppose i just dont want to miss the chance this month, also do you just take 1 OPK a day as some people take them twice. x

I only did one a day, but around the time of my surge I was going to take another one later in the day to confirm that it was definitely a surge. I didn't get a chance to but I will try this time. Say do it at about 2/3pm and then again after 6pm just to check if it's getting any darker, just to get a better idea of when Ov happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back