OPK types

Sparklegirl

Reaction score
I am using One Step OPKs at the moment and I have 43 left but I am wondering are there better brands than others for these? Wondering if I would be better off investing in CB ones when these finish or are they an unnecessary expense that will tell me exactly the same as the ones I am currently using?

I always got on well with the one step and other ICs so am inclined to say the brand ones are a waste of money but I never actually tried them. Some people like the digital ones because you dont have to interpret the lines yourself.

Last edited:
I always got on well with the one step and other ICs so am inclined to say the brand ones are a waste of money but I never actually tried them. Some people like the digital ones because you dont have to interpret the lines yourself.

Thats what I wondered, I prefer the idea of it being able to tell me exactly whats what so I dont have to interpret them but I also dont want to waste a fortune on branded names.

It is really getting to me this month that I have faint lines then I have no lines both on the same day and this has happened for a few days now. I am not drinking enough to diluite the wee to turn it negative, just getting a little disheartened when I dont knwo whats going on

Honestly that sounds pretty normal. I get faint lines on and off through my cycle. I start getting darker lines for a couple of days before my positive but some women get a positive without warning. The trick with OPKs is to remember lines dont mean anything unless the test line is as dark as the control line.

Honestly that sounds pretty normal. I get faint lines on and off through my cycle. I start getting darker lines for a couple of days before my positive but some women get a positive without warning. The trick with OPKs is to remember lines dont mean anything unless the test line is as dark as the control line.

So its normal? I was stressing that if the line disappeared I was moving further away from ov. As long as there has been some indication of a line, just wait patiently for it to turn positive and the fading in and out are not a bad sign? You have made my night! I was worried I had somehow missed it or I had surged while sleeping or something

Yeh faint lines are pretty common and dont mean much. If you get a medium dark line that is not positive but not faint then it can mean you are getting close to OV. I usually start testing more than once a day at that point to make sure I dont miss the surge. If you test 2 or 3 times in a day it would be hard to miss it. Usually my positives last at least two days but I have had short surges of less than 24hrs too.

Still no positive yet but apparently my temping chart says I've already ov but I don't know what it means. Still testing twice a day

I use the one step ones. I found the clear blue ones which measure 2 hormones were no good at all just a waste of money for me. I must say the first batch I bought of the one step never showed me a positive at all! It was always 'almost' positive but I bought those over a year ago now. I assumed I never got my LH surge and maybe I didn't but I've since bought another batch which shows the LH surge clearly. It could be the supplements I'm taking encouraging OV but if you are doing them regularly (which you can afford to do with the one steps - I do a sample mid morning lunchtime and mid afternoon starting 4 days before suspected OV date) and you aren't getting any positives you could have s faulty batch. good luck Hun I hope you catch your surge :) xxxx

Last edited:
I use the one step ones. I found the clear blue ones which measure 2 hormones were no good at all just a waste of money for me. I must say the first batch I bought of the one step never showed me a positive at all! It was always 'almost' positive but I bought those over a year ago now. I assumed I never got my LH surge and maybe I didn't but I've since bought another batch which shows the LH surge clearly. It could be the supplements I'm taking encouraging OV but if you are doing them regularly (which you can afford to do with the one steps - I do a sample mid morning lunchtime and mid afternoon starting 4 days before suspected OV date) and you aren't getting any positives you could have s faulty batch. good luck Hun I hope you catch your surge :) xxxx

I wonder if this is a bad batch, last cycle gave me a positive but this cycle I am just getting nothing and I am now on CD29 which seems a little iffy to me. It was CD25 and CD26 I saw positives last cycle. Either I am late this time round or it is a dodgy batch. I got 100 for a tenner from ebay and these are all form the same bag but that wont tell me if the seller got them from different batches and shoved mine all in together from wherever. I am hoping to get my surge but who knows if I have missed it or if it will come later or not at all this cycle xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back