OPK Surge - how long left?

tinselcat

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

I know there are some OPK experts out there! :pray: I was wondering if one of you/someone could advise on when ovulation is probably going to occur?

Yesterday (CD14) I started getting faint lines on the OPK (tested 4 times during the day and they were all faint, including the one at 11pm last night)

Today (CD15) at 11am I have a massively dark line on the OPK, much darker than the control line. Ace! Except OH isn't around until 2am tonight! :(

Am hoping that we will have a chance to BD tomorrow morning (say 9am) - will this be too late?

Argh!! :shock:

hey hun! they say surge happens 12-36 hours after the surge is first detected, the average being 24, and then the egg lives for around 12 hours, so you are still in with a great shot. I would get BD soon as he gets in! poor guy will be tired but it will be worth it :) :)

Good luck hun!

Hi Nurse! Thanks so much for your advice!! :flower:

I will tell OH to get some sleep on the train home in the hope that he'll be up for your suggestion - can't say how frustrated I am, sitting here!! :wall:

Oh Tinselcat I feel your frustration!!!

I got my first positive OPK yesterday and my OH was due to be away until tomorrow too!!

Mine was pale pink (ok there were 3 pale pink lines as I just didn't believe the first two!!!) and another pale one this morning with FMU.

OH has rung to say he'll be home around 6 and he needs a bath as he's been tramping around a muddy forest all weekend.................told him Noooooooo chance!!!:dance:

he he...

i normally get 2 days of positive opks and then normally ovulate day after.....i think its normally 12-24 hours after last dark surge or positive.......if that makes sense. you should both be in with a great chance anyway...

when i got my bfp......we did it just on the days i got my positive tests....and i was lucky...hopefully will be again soon :)

good luck to you both xxxx

As said ur surge is shows Ov is going to happen in the next 48 hours or so so I should be able to grab hubby in time. Good luck :dust:

Thanks ladies!

Cazza - I hope your man was obliging when he got home :D :dust: :dust:

Samsgirl - that's useful info, thanks! I am still getting positives on the OPKs so big FX!!! :pray: :pray:

My OPK's are negative today...........so hopefully if we've timed it right it with the theory AND the OPK results there might be hope??!!!

I think there's every chance :) Theory says ovulation can happen 36 hours after the surge, and the egg can last 12-24 hours so that adds up to at least 2 days after detecting surge :) FX for you Cazza!!! Now we have the exciting wait ahead of us ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back