Opk advice needed pleeeeease!

Emily0505

Reaction score
Hello my lurvly ladies.

So 1st month using Opk's, so still getting to grips with them and jus need to get some advice. Opk dark on cd14 and cd15 faint again today- cd16. We bd on cd14 but not 15 as hubby too tired (fair enough as he does get up at 5 in the morning). Tmi- no leakage after bd so kept em all in and hopefully they were still all swimming round on cd15 too!

How soon after a dark opk do you actually ov? What do you guys think are the chances that we caught lil eggy?

XX

I've only just started doing them too but had no dark lines at all yet.
I think its 12-36 hours after the positive so I reckon day 14 is absolutely fine if you ov'd day 16 as spermies can last a while, but I'm no expert.

Good luck
:dust:

heyyyyyy hun

Didnt want u thinkin everyone just passin by n not giving a :shock:

Im not sure if i can give any advice as i dont seem to be too clever with OPKs either!!! Im sure i must ov 3 times a month!! Lol.
Sadly this month i didnt catch it no matter how hard i tried and how many times we :sperm:!!!

So im no pro im afraid!
It sounds like some kind of horm surge was there if faint line but we can only X fingers i suppose!!

Big frustrating hugs hun!!!!
:hug:

Its all very :wall:
xxxxxxx

Thx for your replies ladies. The lines are not as dark now as cd14/15 but are darker than they were at start of the cycle. Oh, I dont know what's goin on? Wouldn't think looking at lines on a stick would be so confusing! Tbh I am not 100% sure if the dark two were positive- don't think they r quite as dark as the control line but they def went darker for 2 days. Time will tell I suppose...

I'm having the same confusion... since i posted i've done my tonights opks and i think i have a darkish line, but not sure whether is positive or not! :confused: How confusing is all this eh! :lol:

to be positive the control line must be as dark as or darker than the control line. once you get your final positive (its ok to have positive lines for a few days) you will ovulate in aout 24-36 hours. Please remember a positive opk is not proof you have ovulated - they detect a surge in the LH hormone whihc happens before youn ovulate - you can still have this surge and have a non ovulatory cycle. good luck

Don't know then tbh. Line def not as dark as control line so I think I'm out as even if I ov now, I think my leuteal phase would be too short- 8 days! Well... That's if I have a 25 day cycle which I have the last 2 months but have gone up to 33 days before. I no I'm probs overreacting but can't help but worry something's wrong?

How do you post a picture? Might help if you could all see what I'm blabbing on about!

Thanks for your replies ladies, I appreciate it

XX

When you write your post theres a section at the bottom in 'Additional options' where it says Attach Files. Click the 'Manage Attachments' button and you can upload one there x

Ok. I am on a phone (no sim) and I am a complete and utter technophobic fool, but I will give it a go and see!

XXp

i would save a pic to the desktop and then when replying go to "go advanced" then attachments and follow the instructions. Example of positive test is this, is yours like this?

Attachments

• IMG00158-20110910-1725.jpg
    IMG00158-20110910-1725.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm using the one step ICs, so nope, they don't look anything like that! :)

Mine doesnt look like that :-( can't upload piccy as I am on a phone as computer is broken and I don't know how to do it. I'm having a bit of a rubbish night - got a headache and quite tired and tbh getting a bit upset now cuz of this whole opk malarky, so I think I'm gonna call it a night. Thanks for your help guys and sorry I can't even manage a piccy for you.

I'll be back tomorrow when I'm not sad and in a better mood.

Night night

XX

dont worry - i know what its like . dont panic. ill check in again tomo night. if youve been on birth control recently it can take time for your cycles to sort themselves out - also some cycles its possible that you dont ovulate.

Morning! I haven't been on birth control for well over a year. My cycles were completely out of whack when I first came off the pill- easily going 6 weeks between cycles, so they have settled down alot in comparison to what they were. I'm not sure what's goin on with the Opk's but I'm going to keep going with them as I'll never get to grips with them otherwise! Thanks for your advice and sorry for my lil blip last night. Ttc can get a bit stressful at times!

XX

Hi Emily,

I know it's not easy but try not to stress too much over opk's. I never had a strong positive on one last month even when my CBFM had a peak reading. I think the cheapies can be a bit crap sometimes. I definitely ov'd last month too as I got pregnant- unfortunately ended in early mc though.
Have you tried temping too? I find this really helps me, even though you don't see ovulation until after it's happened. I use Fertility Friend to chart all the gubbins and then it plots ovulation.
This ttc lark is definitely a stressful time- I do my own head in with it so god knows what my husband thinks! Well, he says I must have the most expensive pee going with all the crap I'm taking to make this sticky bean!!

xx

hi, dont worry, ttc is a a beast to deal with emotionally - i got so much helpful advise form ladies on here when i first joined so i think its only right to pass it on!

I defo agree with RobLouise - I chart too and it gives you SO much useful info. there is good info on fertility friend and TCOYF (takign charge of your fertility) if your thinking about it. x

I chart too, it's great! Also read Taking Charge Of your Fertility, well worth the read!

Thanks ladies! Generally I'm pretty good with the whole ttc business, just on a bit of a downer yesterday. Only time will tell whether we've done it this month. Def appreciate all the support and advice from you all, so thank you muchly xx

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back