OPK Question and a moan.

A&J

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question but I was just wondering if when I get a faint line ( I know that it is a negative) can I assume that I am coming upto ovulating? If that makes sense? :think: It is just that on Sunday I was getting very very faint lines and my CB fertility monitor was high (but not peak) and yesterday the monitor was high and the lines was darker but again not a positive but today the lines are darker then yesterday but not as dark as the control line but dark enough for me to take as a + and again my monitor is high so I am just wondering if I am actually coming up to OV :pray: :pray: I was temping but the past few nights my chav neighbours :twisted: have been waking me up about 2 hours before my alarm goes off so I have not been doing it as 1 I forget and 2 I don't get a good block of sleep before temping. I am on cd 17.

Sorry for the strange question and moan it is just that I have just been to the consultant and she was negative about it all and we have come back with no answers really and now we have to wait 3 more months before going back to see if my cycles are settling down before they do anything more :wall: and she even mentioned IVF which has really made me :shock:. I was just starting to feel positive again after a very very bad week last week and now I feel so down again it is unreal.

Thanks for reading I am off to grab OH for some babydancing :dance: :D

aww hun so sorry you are no further forward with the consultant why are they making you wait longer? doesn't sseem to make sense.

as for opks i have no idea sorry i never could get on with them, i would say your monitor is more accurate though. :hug:

If the line was almost positive yesterday and today, I would assume that is was a definite positive during the night, especially if it is lighter from now on. This month, I was testing 3 tmes a day. I got a nearly positive on Thursday night and Friday morning, so I assumed it was a definite positive during Thursday night. FF has picked up ovulation for me on Saturday, which coincides with my OPKs. Good luck! :pray:

Thanks for the replys ladies :hug: :hug:

rusks said:
aww hun so sorry you are no further forward with the consultant why are they making you wait longer? doesn't sseem to make sense.

as for opks i have no idea sorry i never could get on with them, i would say your monitor is more accurate though. :hug:

They are making me wait longer as they want me to have blood tests 7 days after my fertility monitor has peaked on the 2nd day to see if I am actually ovulating :? and to see how long my cycles are with my last one being 23 days :cheer: :hug: :hug:

Cori said:
If the line was almost positive yesterday and today, I would assume that is was a definite positive during the night, especially if it is lighter from now on. This month, I was testing 3 tmes a day. I got a nearly positive on Thursday night and Friday morning, so I assumed it was a definite positive during Thursday night. FF has picked up ovulation for me on Saturday, which coincides with my OPKs. Good luck! :pray:

The line is darker today then yesterday so hopefully I am going to ov in the next 24-48 hours :pray: :pray: I am testing most times I go for a wee :oops: :lol:

We have bd loads.... Fri, Sat, Sun and today so far so hopefully we will catch the egg :pray:

Thanks again :hug: :hug: :hug:

And I thought I was bad testing 3 times a day :lol: Good luck! :pray:

A&J said:
Thanks for the replys ladies :hug: :hug:

rusks said:

They are making me wait longer as they want me to have blood tests 7 days after my fertility monitor has peaked on the 2nd day to see if I am actually ovulating :? and to see how long my cycles are with my last one being 23 days :cheer: :hug: :hug:

Cori said:

The line is darker today then yesterday so hopefully I am going to ov in the next 24-48 hours :pray: :pray: I am testing most times I go for a wee :oops: :lol:

We have bd loads.... Fri, Sat, Sun and today so far so hopefully we will catch the egg :pray:

Thanks again :hug: :hug: :hug:

well your giving it a good go hun - keep going :cheer:

:lol: will do although DH says that I should listen to the advice that I have told others in the past and BD every other day :think: maybe he has a point :think: ........but don't tell him I said that :shhh:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I found my monitor was better than OPK, how many "High's" have you had?? I got 5 before got a peak. Keep testing and you may get a peak 2mrw.
How many months have you been using your monitor?? because it say's it takes a few months to get to know your cycle.
If I were you (like OH says) get BDing, and a high is better than a low.

Good luck xxx

I've been using opk this month for the 1st time. I'm on cd 18 I think and I got faint lines sat and a little stronger sunday, but it reckons to do it after not drinking for 4 hours, I cant wait that long, so a fainter line to me is a positive. Plus its the only time I've had lines in 18 days and thats testing twice a day. It does say that the line should be as dark as the control line, but I didn't get that, but I'm still classing it as ovulating. Hope you've caught it too hun and try not to get down with what the docs said, half of them are crap anyway!

i used opks last month for the first time as well as temping. i got a faint line on the sat, darker on the sunday (but not quite as dark as control line) and then faint again on the monday so i didn't ever get a proper positive. my temps went up on the tuesday and stayed up so i guess i must have ovulated sometime between the test i did on the sunday and the 1 i did on the monday.
In summary(!!) mine did appear to get gradually darker the closer i got to ovulation- hope that made sense :lol:
xx

Thanks ladies you are wonderful as normal :D :hug: :hug:

LittleLambe said:
I found my monitor was better than OPK, how many "High's" have you had?? I got 5 before got a peak. Keep testing and you may get a peak 2mrw.
How many months have you been using your monitor?? because it say's it takes a few months to get to know your cycle.

Good luck xxx

OMG when did you get too 15 weeks :shock: :cheer: Hope your pregnancy is going well? :hug: :hug:

This is my 2nd month using the monitor and 1st month using OPKs. Last month I got a high on cd 10 and 11 then peaks on cd 12 and 13 but we was on a babydancing ban so could not do anything :wall: :wall:

This cycle I am on cd 18 and have had a high for the last 5 mornings so hopefully tomorrow it might peak :pray: I did an OPK at 11am and the line was really strong not as strong as the control line but not far off but the other OPK I did at 5pm the line was faint but I have drank a load this afternoon! I will test again before bed. I really really hope we catch it this month :pray: If not then at least we have had a lot of fun trying :wink: :lol:

Sending you all babydust :pray: :hug: :hug:

A&J said:
Thanks ladies you are wonderful as normal :D :hug: :hug:

LittleLambe said:

Good luck xxx

OMG when did you get too 15 weeks :shock: :cheer: Hope your pregnancy is going well? :hug: :hug:

This is my 2nd month using the monitor and 1st month using OPKs. Last month I got a high on cd 10 and 11 then peaks on cd 12 and 13 but we was on a babydancing ban so could not do anything :wall: :wall:

This cycle I am on cd 18 and have had a high for the last 5 mornings so hopefully tomorrow it might peak :pray: I did an OPK at 11am and the line was really strong not as strong as the control line but not far off but the other OPK I did at 5pm the line was faint but I have drank a load this afternoon! I will test again before bed. I really really hope we catch it this month :pray: If not then at least we have had a lot of fun trying :wink: :lol:

Sending you all babydust :pray: :hug: :hug:

I know, time is flying! although I have only had my head out of the toilet for about a week :puke:

I can't believe you were on a ban last month when you got a "peak" you poor thing. On a positive, at least your monitor is picking up the rise. So hang in there, and I'm praying you get your BFP this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back