Opinions on the spelling of the name Kaia

Marls82

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some help with our baby name spelling.

We have chosen our daughter's first name (who is due in July) but can't decide on the spelling.

Definitely want it to start with K instead of C.

The name we have chosen is Kaia (pronounced ky-ah) and here are the spelling suggestions:

Kaia - my husband likes but I think it will get spelt/pronounced wrong
Kya - too short in my opinion
Kyah -
Kyia - my latest 'invention'

Many thanks

Last edited:
I like Kaia i dont think it will get spelt or too badly mispronouced only the same as any other of the spellings. But I think Kyia looks really pretty. But I do like the letter Y in names lol. My son my daughter and I all have y's in one of our names.

Doh correcting spelling lmao (that was my ipads fault though not how i would have written it :rofl:)

Last edited:
I think if you use the spelling ky-ah to describe how to say it, maybe that spelling is the best one to use. Also l noticed you dont have any reason for not liking Kyah, but in the end its yiur decision, go with the namd you like! ☺

As a teacher I went for he one that's least likely to be pronounced incorrectly!! Children get fed up of their name being pronounced incorrectly in assembly lol x

Kyah only because I would pronounce the others wrong. Kaia to me looks like K-ay-a xx

I think if you use the spelling ky-ah to describe how to say it, maybe that spelling is the best one to use. Also l noticed you dont have any reason for not liking Kyah, but in the end its yiur decision, go with the namd you like! ☺

Totally agree with above. There's no mistaking it spelt like that! My husband loves Nyah and it's said exactly the same, I would only spell it that way xx

I prefer Kyah, I think Kaia would get mispronounced a lot.. lovely name though xx

A girl at my daughter's nursery is called Kaiah. I didn't realise until after I'd invited her to my daughter's party. I'd written Kaia. Potentially why she didn't reply lol

Lovely name!

If it was spelt kyia i think id pronounce it with the same sound as ikea though but maybe just my thought process. I got the pronunciation from kaia straight away though thats a nice spelling but kyah is also straightforward xx

My daughters name is Lyla and we spelt it that way to avoid people pronouncing it wrong but they still sometimes do. I got the pronunciation right from Kaia though straight away. Kyia I would pronounce (Ky Ee Ah) though. Kiya would be pronounced right. Like Hiya

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back