opinions needed

Penstraze

Reaction score
We think we've decided on the name Cara for our little girl, we both really like it and is my cousins name and shes such a sweetie so is kind of after her she's quite excited about having baby named after her.
Having finally made a decission about 1st name we're now stuck on second name we both like the idea of naming her after his nan but neither of us paticually like her name with Cara - Cara Margaret I don't dislike it but agree with DH its a very old fashioned name with quite a modern name and maybe abit odd, what do you think?

Any suggestions for other good middle names to go with Cara?

I think old fashioned middle names are great.. you don't get called by them everyday so it isnt anything to be embarrassed about, but they usually are after someone in the family.... Cara Margaret is lovely :hug:

I love the name Cara, absolutely gorgeous! :D
I'm afraid I don't really like the name Margaret and I'm not sure if they flow well together..

good name choice ;)

I think a middle name beginning with a consonant would go well, rather than a vowel sound if you know what I mean. My Cara's middle name is Alexandra after OH, but I don't think it goes as well as a 'hard' sounding letter like G or J would.

Perhaps something like Grace?

I think it is lovely to name your baby after a relative. I love the name Cara by the way.

The name Margaret means 'Pearl' perhaps you could use this? Or you could use a name which derives from the name Margaret, like Mags/Maggie/Peggy? Perhaps these are still too old fashioned for you? :think: Could you use DH's Nan's middle name if she has one and if you prefer it?

Perhaps you could get DH's nan to change her name? :rotfl:

I will keep thinking...not sure I have found the solution yet!

I think a single syllabul name would go well with Cara e.g.

Cara May
Cara Jayne
Cara Leigh
Cara Faye
Cara Lou

(I liked Cara when I was pregnant and thought about this too :wink: ) :hug:

We do like his Nans middle name Alice but is my cousin Cara's sisters name and that would just get weird :rotfl:

Can't get his nan to change her name she died a couple of years ago thats why we really like the thought of using her name as a kind of tribute to her but not so keen on the name itself.

We were saying about Cara May last night and that short names go best.

Hmm I see what you mean it doesn't really flow

I was going to suggest the same as Sally, maybe use a nickname of Margaret? In my baby name book it lists the following as diminutives of Margaret (I've not put them all believe it or not!):

Marge, Maggie, Meg, Meta, Maisie, Grete, Peggy, Rita, Daisy

Cara Daisy is cute! Otherwise, does your OH nan have a middle name, or is her surname one that could be used as a christian name? I love naming after relatives. My son is named after both his Grandfathers which is special for them and him.

what about cara megan (diminutive of margaret)?

xx

ooooh I like Cara Meg! A modern name, one syllabul and a diminutive of Margaret! :cheer:

Penstraze said:
We do like his Nans middle name Alice but is my cousin Cara's sisters name and that would just get weird :rotfl:

Cara Alisha/Alicia? Or maybe too many A's....

Cara is a nice name, and not so well-used at the moment :) Not to sound harsh and I hope I don't ruin the name for you but Cara Meg is a bit too close to Caramel/Caramac for me to use it...

But I might just be being odd..!

I think you need to be looking at a monosyllabic middle name?

What about Cara Beth?

I like the suggestions others made... Cara Grace, Cara May, Cara Meg and Cara Jane are nice (but I'm biased with the last one because my little girl is Constance Jane)

Good luck choosing. Cara is lovely :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back