Ooooooo

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
I have a meeting with my HR department in 30 minutes to discuss all things maternity. I'm hoping I get a definite date I can finish work so I can start the count down. By my workings out I should be able to finish in June (with annual leave added to maternity) so I can't wait to set the ball rolling and start a countdown!! hehe :D

June... wow that's soon :)

good luck!

That would be lovely to start so soon.... I assume you have allot of holiday to take. :)

Hope the discussion goes well... My HR department at the moment are being really bad... Sent me the Maternity policy that is about 2 years out of date. I sent them the newer one to confirm I was right and still not heard back from them... Think this may take a while to sort. :-( Have told my boss that Mid of October will be the latest I will leave. So 5 months exactly and counting. :)

Wow, that would be fab to finish so early, lucky you.

Unfortunately, Maternity Leave/Pay is not law in Guernsey so I wont be getting any (I have to take unpaid leave). So, I will be working right up until the minute I go into labour!! Boo :eek:(

Thats terrible DW... Think you should be having words with the goverment there. :)

Thats terrible DW... Think you should be having words with the goverment there. :)

I know it's so rubbish. They keep talking about bringing it in but if they ever do finally get round to sorting it out, it will sadly be too late for me.

Ooh June - snap! Not very long at all to go - hope your HR peeps are good to you and you get your countdown :D
xxx

Ok so that was the fastest meeting I ever had. Took longer to walk there and back!

Countdown begins.... 4 weeks til I finish! And that is leaving some annual leave days at the end of my maternity to tag on to the end too :D

WOOP WOOP CHICKEN SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

DW.... can't believe you don't get maternity pay :( xxxxxxx

I dont get maternity pay either.... I'm self employed so can claim benefit but they will only allow 10 days for me to keep in touch with my business throughout whole maternity leave!! I know I will have to do stuff probably every other day - even if it is from home but if I do, then I cant get any maternity benefit.... I will maybe take 7 weeks maternity leave and base that on working 2 days a week for 5 weeks and 2 weeks off completely to give birth and recover.....bloody hell, wish I was employed now!!

Last edited:
Great news for you PrincessPeanut. Have you decided what you are going to do with all that free time you have now... Maybe spend half the day on here talking to us. :)

Hehe, I already spend the day on here when I'm at work!!

We'll be moving house bit by bit and we have 3 springer spaniel pups in training to be working dogs so I'll be spending a whole heap of time in a field (hopefully basking in the sun) training them so they will be more or less a little bit less hyper when baby comes!! I think I'm being slightly delusional thinking they're going to calm down a bit though!! xx

Hehe, I already spend the day on here when I'm at work!!

We'll be moving house bit by bit and we have 3 springer spaniel pups in training to be working dogs so I'll be spending a whole heap of time in a field (hopefully basking in the sun) training them so they will be more or less a little bit less hyper when baby comes!! I think I'm being slightly delusional thinking they're going to calm down a bit though!! xx

yep springers dont do calm they are ready and eager permanantly

Would love to be going off in June!! How fab, think it will be beginning of August for me.... roll on August lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back