ongoing, relentless nausea

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this? not morning sickness as in throwing up, just a constant, nausea throughout the day?

its very different to how i was with J

I feel your pain. I am never sick, but the thought of food repulses me, I have to make efforts to eat. I feel better in the evening, but practically nothing tempts me at the moment.

When i was preggers last time, i woke up and vomited right away and then felt dead dodgy until i jumped through whatever food related hoop my belly needed to keep something down, then i felt fine. This time its not that hardcore in the morning, but there is just this ongoing, underlying nausea that just goes on all.day.long

Its bearable with, i have some brunch bars and fruit and stuff that just sort of keep me ticking by, and i suppose its MUCH easier for me with Jasper because i dont have to leave him alone to throw up loads... but its still really horrid!

I cannot wait to get a ticker, i think i am about 5 weeks too ISH, we may find ourselves wandering through the Tri's together :)

hi ladies, im about the same dates as you guys too!! Im exactly the same as you, I feel sicky all day but never sick (a couple of dry retches in the morning tho) fortunately nothing puts me off food so managing to eat evrything but pinapple (there was a retching incident)
xxxxx

I have been put off pineapples since the last pregnancy! I also managed to retch myself off ginger biscuits last time too! weird isnt it! That it reacts so differently to people and depending on the pregnancy. Everyone seems to think that because i am experiencing such different symptoms, i am making a girl :)

I think it might be just because i am so much healthier than i was last time i gave birth :)

I feel nauseas all day 2, although it is worse when I get up. The only thing I can face in the mornings to eat is a couple of dry crackers, seems to keep the nausea at bay for a while! I have also found out orange squash makes me feel ill, so steering clear of all citrus fruity things! :(

Ginger biccies are ment to be good for nausea but ginger makes me feel sick at the best of times!!
xxxx

Lemon and ginger tea. Its the only thing that makes any difference to me. I make my own with a slice of ginger and some lemon juice. It cuts the nausea totally for about half an hour x

I cannot wait to get a ticker, i think i am about 5 weeks too ISH, we may find ourselves wandering through the Tri's together :)

Yay! Am loving all the company, it's so lovely to know one is not alone feeling like a wreck :thanks:

Last edited:
Oh this brings back some horrible memories!! I dry wretched every morning from 7 to 16 weeks!! Literally as soon as I got out of bed and went across the hall (5 steps) to the loo I was off! I had to eat cereal (coco pops worked best) straight away or the wretching got worse!

Also any strong smells used to get me too! Especially bacon & parsnips which I still can't face eating now!

Then the day I hit 16 weeks I was back to normal and have been ever since!! I don't think theres any one thing that will help I think it's just finding something that helps that day! Mine was defo coco pops! lol x

I have been given a tip that i am going to try this time round, which is to keep some dry food at the side of the bed to eat before I stand up in the morning. Supposed to help.

im only 4 weeks nearly 5 and i have had a bit of dry retching, with a previous pregancy (that didnt continue :( )
at 7 weeks i was sick all the time if i ate i threw it up sorry tmi, if anyone in the house cooked i had leave smells were unbearable....im hoping this doesnt happen again but if all goes well il let u know at 7 weeks,
at least we get a lovely LO at the end of it :) x

I am with you on the dry retching, although yesterday I actually puked. I have waves of it all day. It seems to start about 3 minutes after I get up, then when I get to work, all day on/off. It's like if I let myself go, I'll puke and never stop. Eating does help though definitely.

xxxxxxxxx

im with you all on this. i've had that horrible nausea feeling but havent actually been sick and havent been able to eat barely any full meals. have been snacking quite a lot esp popcorn and gummy sweets. but as for dealing with the sickness ive found peppermint tea really helps. im not really a fan of ginger, only if i cant taste it or ginger beer. but cant really have too much fizzy drinks. but its good to know im not the only one.

I am trying to be healthy this time round! after the horrors of pregnancy weight have led me to behave a bit more lol :) I have lots of 'breakfast biscuits' and fruity nut bar things which i am eating throughout the day. Its hard but much, much more bearable than last time.

I feel ashemed that although I feel rough, I am still eating as usual!! Nothing will ever put me off my food!! Lol!!
xxxx

Yeah I'm suffering with this too, OB brings me breakfast in bed but during the morning I'm dry retching it's awful. I get cramps too but find if I eat a handful of nuts, a crackerbread or a piece of fruit it goes away! Got the cramps now and told OH I'm hungry and he said "but we just had breakfast!" that was over 3hrs ago and I've a growing baby to feed lol!!!!

I started feeling nausea yesterday and it's awful :( but it's a symptom so makes me know the baby's okay . Been at work all day today and it's horrible but worth it in the end x

I had the same kind of all day nausea without ever actually being sick with my daughter, then proper morning sickness for 2-3 hours each morning with some throwing up with my son - and this time it is completely different from the other 2 times again, with nausea until 4 in the afternoon almost all days, sometimes with lots of throwing up, sometimes without, and the occasional blessed day without anything at all in between. So if I had a girl first time round and a boy second time round, what on earth am I having this time?? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back