sick sick and more sick

eliffant

Reaction score
oh god i feel disgusting...

nausea rules in my house at the moment. Does anyone know when morning sickness (heh heh, the kind that is lasting all day!) starts to wear off?

thanx

xxx

HI,

On some women it lasts the whole time, but normally only for the first 12 weeks or so!

Hope you feel better soon

Natalie

My morning sickness lasted from the time I was 6 weeks to about 12 weeks. It sucked! I didn't vomit but I had the worst nausea, all day long. My stomach was constantly empty and always felt like it was eating itself. It was horrible! My DH would be eating something like crackers and the sound of him crunching, and just looking at the box of crackers, made me sick! I'm so glad that part is over! I love food now! :D

Pretty much the same for me, although my morning sickness was worse late afternoon/evening I was never physically sick (although close to it many times) I felt extremely nauseous. It wore off by about 13 weeks thankfully and now I can happily eat just about anything that takes my fancy!

I found eating biscuits like Digestives regularly so that my stomach always had something in it helped.

HI there, i know how you all feel. im 9wks pg and im so so sick, im not actually throwing up but the nausea all day long is driving me mad, also im not sleeping at all so being exausted doesnt help either. I have researched a couple of websites and i have found out that the bands worn to combat sea sickness work just as well for morning sickness and nausea and can be bought in any boating shop and a lot of chemists sell it also. Im goin to invest in one so watch this space

hi i am 8 weeks + 3 days and have been feeling sick for 2.5 weeks now. havent actually been sick yet but have the worst nausea ever! i bought some sea bands 2 days after the all day nausea started and have worn them till 2 days ago because they didnt work at all. all they have done is left me with a red scar like mark on my left wrist where the plastic bit digs in! not a good look! I also have a pain on the underside of my left arm just further down from the red scar which hurts when i move my arm. also, the nausea seems to have calmed down a lot since taking them off. i dont reccomend them at all as you can probably tell. cant wait til the sickness disappears altogether then i can get on with things, im such a grumpy cow lately! take care everyone!

lisa and baby bump x

AmberNicole said:
My morning sickness lasted from the time I was 6 weeks to about 12 weeks. It sucked! I didn't vomit but I had the worst nausea, all day long. My stomach was constantly empty and always felt like it was eating itself. It was horrible! My DH would be eating something like crackers and the sound of him crunching, and just looking at the box of crackers, made me sick! I'm so glad that part is over! I love food now! :D

i have been feelling REAL sick, and when i get realllllllll hungry i eat only a small portion of food... i pregnancey came as a surprise ! so i guess all this stuff is new to me ... and im not enjoying the sickyyy part ! :oops:

I too was nauseous for my entire first trimester. I started to hate eating meat and never felt hungry. The only thing that made me feel better all the time was eating plain crackers. I even kept some in my car! My husband started to worry that I wasn't eating enough for the baby, but I'm definitely making up for it now!

Morning sickness (or should I say all day sickness) will pass and you will want to gladly eat everything you can get your hands on!

I have heard that drinking ginger tea can help ease nausea for some, although it didn't work for me because I found the smell to be repulsive.

Ginger is proven to be a good anti-nausea relief. It worked for me, I kept a pack of ginger biscuits with me to nibble on throughout the day and it did stave off the nausea (not completely, but a lot better)
Hope this works for you - I can sympathise its horrible isn't it? :cry:

Oh you have my total sympathy, this is my third pregnancy and i more or less sailed through first 2, moderate sickness on an evening that sorta thing. But this time? OH MY GOD!!!!!! didnt know what had hit me with the sickness felt sick all the time and was sick quite a lot and i thought it would never end but happy to say i've hit 12 weeks and fingers crossed havent been sick for a week YAY!.
so it does get better whether it feels like it or not!

Hi,

on the ginger front I've been slicing up a bit of root ginger and pouring hot water over it like a super-charged cup of ginger tea and that has helped with nausea and heartburn funnily enough. I checked in my "Your Vegetarian Pregnancy" Book which is a bit dry and unhelpfully wholesome and preachy at times but she had recommended this kind of ginger infusion and also ginger ale if you can cope with the bubbles.

That and not having an empty stomach seems to be helping. It's only come on for me in the past week and it's been a bit pants really. I don't need much not to be empty though- one banana or a biscuit seems to be enough. Glad this doesn't last (fingers crossed!). Hope you're doing ok :)

Hi,
I am 6 weeks right now today and and it started, all day feeling of nausea and i didnt want to eat anything. How is it possible to work in such a condition? Additionally I cried because of not being able to eat and till feeling the same sickness.
I will try ginger tea, crackers all the time and fresh lemon smell.

Im finding Im fine until I get out of bed then Ill feel queasy as soon as I get up and without fail the last 5 days Ive had to get out the shower half way through to retch and heave but coz i always have an empty stomach in the morning nothing will come up then Ill be groggy and nauseous with no appetite til about 3pm then not wanna eat anything in the evening. Unless i can eat what i fancy when i fancy it then i cant eat so ive had A LOT of expensive ad hoc trips to Tesco this week :-( hope it wears off soon :-(

I am so feeling the same as this and it gets you down doesn't it... hopefully it will wear off soon for us all xxx

Hi,
I am 6 weeks right now today and and it started, all day feeling of nausea and i didnt want to eat anything. How is it possible to work in such a condition? Additionally I cried because of not being able to eat and till feeling the same sickness.
I will try ginger tea, crackers all the time and fresh lemon smell.

You can get signed off by your dr if it gets too bad and remember, work has to provide you with an easily accessible toilet and somewhere to lie down so stand up for your rights!

My nausea and sickness lasted from 7-18 weeks on my first pregnancy, I'd be sick all day, sometimes I would end up being so violently sick I couldn't physically hold myself over the toilet and would end up lying on the floor heaving but bringing up nothing beacuase there was nothing left to bring up.

I'm 7 weeks now, been feeling sick and had a bit of retching, but this is a walk in the park compared to last time. Just hope it stays that way.

I recommend bland food like plain biscuits or toast little and often. Hope you all feel better soon, remember it will end!

im 8 weeks pregnant and although i havent actually been sick i feel sick all day, everyday. ive tried crackers, ginger biscuits and digestives and i find they dont quite work for me, but i find bread sticks or baby bel cheese or chewy/jelly sweets help (not all at once i may add). i also find as soon as i start feeling sick i try n nibble on any of these straight away as it helps ease the nausea feeling...hope this helps someone else x

I had the most awful sickness wiv DD. From about 8 weeks until 38 weeks, but i know i was not the norm. I was physically sick every single day minimum of 5 or 6 times often up to 20. Was the most awful thing, my best friend was caramel snackajacks throughout my pregnancy as i also found being hungry was the worst culprit and it was much better to actually hav something in my tummy than just bringing up horrible bile.
Fingers crossed you'll be one of the lucky ones and it'll pass very soon.

Mine started at 7 weeks and i have it everyday, all day! :( x

I have been feeling terrilbly sick now for the past week and I am six weeks, I had my sickness on and off the whole 9 months last time but I find that forcing some food down helps xx

I've been sick since bout 7 weeks pregnant and it's showing no signs of easing up yet! I thought I had a tummy bug yesterday cos I threw up 7 times but already today I've been sick twice! I've tried everything to help ease it but even the travel bands are starting to fail! Just hope it goes soon :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back