One worry after another

JayK2387

Reaction score
Apparently the council are so over crowded around my area that they wont help us (ive heard this from a friend who is having problems).

So we've found some places within budget outside of the area we want to live in (close to mum) but we just cannot afford the deposit!! Its nearly £2500 just to move in most of the flats we find :(

I can see me Aaron and the baby sleeping on the sofa in mum and dads sitting room :(

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Rant over lol xx

is that on the housing list?

have you tried doing it through housing benefit? like renting privately but they give you an allowence towards it

Im in the same boat, me and my OH currently rent a 1 bedroom flat privately but when I go on maternity leave and had LO we wont be able to afford it coz its so expensive! I put our names on the housing list as soon as I knew I was pregnant (end of june) but so far we have heard nothing and I dont think we will get somewhere until long after the baby is born. We are going to end up sleeping downstairs at my mums I think with a newborn baby because my mum only has a 1 bedroom house. Its causing me so much extra stress!

I had da same problem when i was pg with 1st, we went on the list in feb 06 as soon as we were expecting, we heard nothing for ages, i tried to get myself made homeless but they wouldnt take the letters which confirmed that i was.I stayed at my mum throughout my pregnacy and until my son was 3 months old. Me and my oh private rented for 6 months after that the landlord was really nice saying he couldnt allow to stay anymore as he was selling but we knew that anyway that was june 07. So i went back to the council they would only class me as homeless with my son not my oh, they think that if you have a oh that they can support you and pay rent etc so then your not eligable. So i said we had split up and i had no where to stay, i gave them three family members address and my mums as an no fixed address and lived with her until aug 07. Where the council offered me a 2 bedroom homeless flat near my mums which was very nice. Myself and my son moved in there my oh was with his mum, because i worked i was offered a three bedroom house in feb this year.
It took me two years of hell trying to get a house but we did it and have since moved in together but they dont make it easy i had to lie through my teeth!!! x x

I don't know if this will help as it was a couple of years ago now and things might have changed, but a pregnant friend of mine who was on the list for a house was told she'd be waiting 12-18 months. She was pretty pe-d off as a perfectly good house a couple of street from her mum had been sitting empty for a couple of months, so she hassled and hassled and pointed out the injustice of her being homeless while a perfectly good house was sitting empty and in the end they gave in and she got it!!!

Mind you she can go on and on till you get ear-ache - I think they did it just to shut her up. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back