Help with Rented housing...

Levi89

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just a quick question/rant/moan...

My OH and I have been living in private accomodation for about 2 years now, and both our lettings have been through word of mouth etc - ie the flat we are in just now is a family friend. We live in a studio flat & we have been talking about moving for a while as there just isn't enough room for us both. So when we found out we were expecting, we knew we would have to move so started looking at flats.

BUT when I was 18 I had a bad relationship with a contract phone and my credit rating has never fixed, and my OH has no credit rating at all! So going through an agency would be a no-go area! Although we did try and they wanted £800 + the deposit of £400 + £400 up front rent + £100 for the pets deposit & £125 for agency fees. Aye because we can afford nearly £2000 in a month!!! So I went to the council - asked how long it will be and they said they dont know.

I honestly at this minute don't care where we end up as long as it's got 2 bedrooms! What makes it worse is because I'm so tired with just coming out the first tri, and plus the fact I know I need to move sooner rather than later, I really have no motivation in this flat at all. So the OH moans when the housework isn't done or he needs to put washing on etc (tbf I usually do it so its about time he took a bloody turn... sod!!).

What should I do? I was thinking of emailing the council and telling them that I'm getting stressed out with this flat and I would be happy in a scatter flat even until something comes up....?

xxx

do you have a tenancy agreement with your friend? Do they live in the same building? If so they could evict you, unfortunately if they are not classed as a residential landlord, the council would force them to evict you through a court which would cost an awful lot of money...

Try your local paper, gumtree i think I saw some on and try other estate agents me and oh went with one and had bad credit you will have to have a deposit for any of them other than that contact local housing associations they may help

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I dont have a lease or that, but she is a registered landlord. The council had me down as vulnerable as because I dont have a lease that I have signed then she could kick me out at any time really...

I've had a look at gumtree, but they take so blooming long to get back to you its unreal! I just want to move like tomorrow haha xx

If you dont have a tenancy agreement she just need to send you a letter asking you to leave, then the council will have to house you when she gives you your notice x

I always thought an agency would be a no go for me cos of bad credit but when I got this house I was up front about debt etc and the woman told me that aslong as I didn't have a ccj then we'd pass...and we did :)
You can get help with deposits through a crisis loan (not sure what the criteria is but it's worth a try) it's interest free and u pay it back at something like £2 a week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back