One side dull pain - worried Ep??

Clareabella

Reaction score
Hiyah. I'm new to the forum.
Just over 6 weeks pregnant and have been getting period like pains for the last 2 weeks, and occasionally a very mild dull ache/pain on one side, I would imagine near to my ovaries.
Sometimes the period like pains are relieved after going to the loo, but the dull feeling is still there.
Any advice? Really worried about mc or ep preg.
Xxxx

Hi there, welcome to the forum and Congrats on your bean :)

It's quite common to have period like pains, I did right at the beginning upto about 8-9 weeks! Sometimes OH had to make me a hot water bottle ;)

As long as it's not too painful and no bleeding, rest assured it's pretty normal!

I believe with an EP or MC you would be in agony!

There's loads of posts on here about similar, have a look thru, hopefully it should help xx

Hope this helps, Ali xxx

i am 6 weeks pregnant and i still get the dull ache to the side....feels like where my ovary is, or just below....

i think its all pretty normal from what others say on here and i also think that if it was anything bad, there would be a lot more pain and bleeding...

is it just like a dull ache or a stretching type feeling?

xx

It's a dull ache really. Doesn't feel like stretching, I don't think!?!

Might give the midwife a call tomorrow as NHS direct were not very helpful this morning!

But the forum has put my mind at rest! Thank you xxx

Hi there :wave:
All sounds normal to me - I have had an ache/pokey pain on my left that went away but came back today. And AF type cramps come and go. It's all your bits moving about and vying for space! All good :)

xx

I had this for 3 weeks was trapped wind and a bit constipation. I too had been on internet convincing myself eptopic.... I drank lots of tropicana, cut down on carbs and got better. I still get cramps, but my diet is shocking! If pain gets worse and start bleeding then get yourself to a & e

i had this pain too and my scan was fine :) it sounds quite common aslong as theres no bleeding! xxxxxxxxxx

Hi hon, I'm 8 weeks and last 2 weeks had a tugging sensation on left that was like a dull ache, just to reassure you slightly I had a scan on Friday and everything was fine and in right place, I mentioned it and she had a good look and said nothing was wrong and it will just be my ovary contracting back or something. I think as long as the pain is not bad or sudden and there is no bleeding its a normal thing to feel something!!!

Hey hun, sorry popping in from Tri2 but just wanted to say I'm sure everything is fine and try not to worry :hugs:

I had an ectopic last year, the pain was a sharp stabbing pain to the left side, it wasn't like dull/achey pains. When I found out I was pregnant this time I worried about every slight pain. I had the period like pains and the pain to one side like you are describing, and I was convinced it was another ectopic. But when I had my early scan everything was totally fine and in the right place, I was told the pain I had to my side is just been pain from things stretching etc, making room for your baby :D

Sorry I'm rambling on a bit, but what I'm trying to say is the pains your describing sound normal hun :) I know it's difficult but try and relax and enjoy Tri1 :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back