One more thing to moan about!

Roo3

Reaction score
Last week, I started to feel quite itchy on my tummy and it looked as though I'd been bitten by something. But gradually over the weekend I started to get more and more itchy spots on my tummy, and chest which itched non stop and were driving me mad.
Have been to the doctors today and she's given me some cream and told me to use calamine lotion. She said it's completely normal and will disappear once I've given birth but it's so irritating and is only making me feel more and more uncomfortable.
Really hope this cream works and my sweep gets things going next week as I can't cope with another 2 weeks of this itching.

oooh roo so pleased you posted this. i have loads of little itchy spots on my legs that are so uncomfortable. im scratching all the time. oh said it must be mozzies but they are too small for them as they are usually quite big.

so is it a pregnancy thing. i will put some sudocream on them and see if it helps. hope they get better hun. xxx

You too hun. Try to calamine too to cool them down. X

thanks will do. amazing the little things you dont think of. xxx

Mine started around 37 weeks. I had it all over my bump and then that eased and it spread to my legs and a bit on my arms. The doctor gave me some cream. It eased it some places but it is still there. I try not to itch as it makes the rash 10 times worse if I itch. The rash seems to have nearly disappeared from my bump now as I stopped itching it but it is still quite bad on my legs. xx

I'm trying not to scratch the itch but its so difficult as it's so annoying. Am smothering myself in calmine lotion which helps a bit.

I know what you mean. I sometimes wake up in the night scratching but I have to force myself to stop. I then just moisturise. xx

I'm the same with the scratching in the night. Do you also find that if you accidentally rub against the spots they start itching like crazy? Yesterday when the doctor was touching them I wanted to scratch my skin off!

Yeh something rubbing against it makes it worse. I now sleep just about naked so my pjs don't rub on it lol. xx

This will probably come out all wrong- but I'm so glad it's not just me going through this!! It's just so irritating.
At least it should go once we've had our babies- lets hope they come sooner rather than later.

Am off the bathe myself in calamine lotion now!

My MIL and her sister had a itchy rash with their first pregnancies. They said it went when they had given birth and it only happened with their first babies and didn't come back with their other pregnancies. We must be allergic to late stages of pregnancy lol. xx

I'm prone to allergic reactions, and I'd assume making an 'oatmeal bath' and sitting in that, would probably work the same for what you have?

I have funny itchy and painful bumps on my left palm. I get them sometimes, anyway, so I know they're not as a result of pregnancy. But I'd love to know what they are. I usually only get them on my hands and feet.

I had this! Was prescribed Cyclizine, which is an anti-histamine, and it works a treat! Rash is still there but doesn't itch at all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back