Help please..

ejs

Reaction score
Hi.
Sorry this may be a bit of an essay.. lol..

Basically I have a question, I cannot find an answer and have asked several people but nobody seems to know.. :(

For the last month I wasn't taking any contraception at all as I was having problems. I didn't have intercourse within this time. I started my pills again as I normally would this month. I missed my 8th pill, 15th and 16th. I had intercourse on the day I was meant to take my 14th pill. I also had intercourse on the day of the 16th pill as well.

I have messed my pills up before and had a period that wasn't due, obviously as I had messed up the cylce, I have been informed this is normal as a few pills have been missed.

However, I had a period this morning which would of been the 17th day of the pill. Which obviously as I said was caused by missing the pills, well so I assume.

I was just wondering if there is still any chance of me getting pregnant even though I have had a period that started this moring. Or if I could still be pregnant as the period didn't nauturally come as I interfered with the cycle?

Obviously it would be too soon to take a pregnancy test and this week I just haven't got the time to see a doctor as I have a lot on with work and it would be impossible to take the time out to see a GP or Nurse.

I feel different, but I don't know whether it's because I want a baby (may sound like a contradiction being on the pill and wanting to get pregnant, but partner isn't keen yet) or whether its the natural mothers instinct of being pregnant.

Please help asap.

Thanks so much. x

to be honest, i don't think i can help. As they say things are always possible and i've read a few times about ppl missing pills and peopls taking the pill properly and still getting pregnant so anything is possible. But as ppl always say time and time again on this forum, there's just no way to know without taking a test and as you've missed pills, it's harder to tell if it's just because you missed pills or because you actually are pregnant. I would wait a week or so and then test just to put your mind at ease either way. good luck

A pregnancy test would show positive around the time your AF is late, so I wouldnt bother testing until then, and normally a Dr will use your own pregnancy test to confirm you are pregnant!

Reading your post, I would think it is doubtful that you are pregnant, especially as you had some breakthrough bleeding, which is of course common if you skip a couple of pills, and it would also mean you needed to ovulate etc at the exact time of missing the pills, and its more common to ovulate if you miss pills at the beginning or end of your pill packet..........of course its not impossible, but its unlikely!

You dont say when your next period is due? But again its unlikely to get any symptoms of being pregnant until implantation has occured which is generally 5 - 12 days after the egg being fertilised!

Probably best to test anyway, especially if your AF doesnt show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back