omg i dont know what to dooo

confuzed 88

Reaction score
I have been away for ages..been so busy with lo, he has become so demanding over past few weeks!

i dont know what to do!
Im still breastfeeding mixed in with 2 formula feeds throughout the day, he keeps falling asleep at my breast i cant get him to sleep any other way! iv1 become the human dummy! I dont know how to get him off the habit!
also i think he is teething, he drools like a tap..bites his fingers all day
and he cries so much// he wasnt like this until a few weeks ago, i can put him in his cot without him crying, im so tired and getting nothing done because im with him all day!! and night!

someone please help me, im loosing my marbles!

Have you tried giving Lo a dummy? Or does he not take it when offered? X

he doesnt take itm i tried giving it to him as soon as he comes of breast and starts crying, lil rascal knows its a dummy lol

Lol funny how clever they are so young lol, my Lo won't take bottle from me but will everyone else lol. have u got mobile on cot as distraction technique? x

I think you just need to grin and bear it a few days, put him down and walk away, occasionally keep going back and shush shush to him, stroke his hair etc and go from there. I think it's called controlled crying. It's not nice to do but if you feel ready to put him to be awake then that's what you need to do or something similar.

We got a fab mobile by tiny love and Isla loved looking at it

Have you tried the cherry teat dummy? I used one of the flat ones at first and he wouldn't take it at all, so gave him the rounder one and it worked a treat immediately. Although I did start at about six weeks.

I had to do the controlled crying on Sunday night, it was heartbreaking but it worked after about 20 mins. I would go in every five and just put my hand on his chest and rock him for a couple of mins. No talking. Not sure if htat's the way to do it but it worked.

Oh also, try and put them down before they get too tired if that's possible. I HAVE to put Thomas in his crib at 4.30pm for a nap otherwise he's foul!!

Good luck!

I've tried both dummies, I've put him down n he starts squealing, abd I've tried controlled crying, I can't do it, it really is heartbreaking, health visitor said he is defo teething sp that can explain grumpy mood, but as to falling asleep on breast Il just have to b persistent, but its so hard!

Try solving the teethibg pain and it may make him a bit calmer.

You can get teethibg gels powders/granuals or an amber teething necklace. My Lo was really grumpy toll we got our teethibg necklace n now he's an angel x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back