It has started!!!

futuremum

Reaction score
Thomas has become very clingy those last day and today he just cries if i do not hold him. I tried to talk to him, leave the room and come back a minute later but he still cries and gets very upset. I put him in bed just to get a few minutes rest but i do not think it is the right solution. He is teething at the moment, his 2 top teeth are coming out so maybe that is why he is like this. He hardly eats either.
any tips on how to deal with this? i feel bad because at the first hurdle i do not have a clue how to deal with it. i do not want him to feel unloved by not picking him up but i do not want him to take this as a habit either.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with. I tried the 'leave him to scream' way with Daniel and picked Charlotte up whenever she wanted. Neither have suffered. Alex is a whingey bum whatever I do, unless he's up to no good :roll:

When Jamie's two bottom teeth came through a couple of weeks back, he would grizzle all the time & wanted to be held. Sometimes we did but others didn't & he just had to cry for a bit.

One of those teethers that you put in the fridge really helped him, we also out on teething gel & if it got really bad gave him a drop of Medised & that really helped calm him down.

It must really hurt them so I don't blame them for wanting cuddles, poor little mites!

He won't feel unloved for you not picking him straight away & won't resent you either. As you falling at the first hurdle, its not that at all, its all trial & error with babies I think, he's in pain & that doesn't make you not know what you're doing (you do, you know its the teeth!)

Hi

Do what you think is right but i think it will; pass probably just wants soem extra cuddles from mom cuz hes in pain
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back