Omg!! How do I fit this in

lizylou

Reaction score
Well after the scary weekend just passed myself and my partner have decided we would like to move our engagement to a wedding before little one arrives
It's going to be small and close family but I have till the 23rd of August to plan lol
I'm excited but nervous too any money saving ideas would be much apreciated x

awww Big Congrats!! Thats lovely news!! You must be super excited!!
Money saving tips....hmmm...well I got married in a castle last May, but I found keeping it to close family & friends really helped cut costs down. We got a good package deal with the Castle, so snapped it up. So look out for special wedding package deals being offered by hotels etc in your area!! Also, we got a close friend to take our wedding photographs! He is a professional photographer, and offered it as a wedding present, so that cut costs quite a bit. Go to any sales in wedding dress shops, there are some lovely dresses cut to half price or less!!! Check out other department stores etc for bridesmaid dresses....remember it doesnt have to be actual bridesmaid dresses you get, I got lovely formal style dresses from House of Fraser, which cost much less than getting them in a bridal shop!!
If you have any useful relatives/friends who make cakes, are photogrpahers etc make use of them!!!! :)

xxx

Huge congratulations :love: It is a very short time to organise things but I'm sure you can do it - good luck :)

Thank you all so much : ) I'm very excited but got so much to do too x

Not so much about budgeting advice as Karolina pretty much covered it there, but more about the time for planning :)

We had all of our wedding planning over and done with inside 2 weeks (last october) and we didn't even intend to plan it fast, then had a long 6 month wait to tie up all our loose ends before the wedding.

Just wanted to let you know, if you both know what you want then you can plan it very quickly, and costs do not have to skyrocket if you look around and don't torture yourselves unnecessarily - just keep to straight yes and nos rather than too many maybes. Odds are if you don't love something right away you won't do! And compromises are easier made early rather than being stewed over by one or both of you :D

Good luck xx

Last edited:
How exciting hun,

You can do things very simply and very elegantly hun, for not too much money!

Are you wanting a church wedding?

I have a lovely local pub with gorgeous gardens that that I would hire out for a reception if ever we were to get married (if you are only having a few guests then hire an area of somewhere as opposed to the whole place? That will keep costs down)

As Karolina said take adavantage of friends and family.

You can do it !!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Oh! Another thought, sorry to double post :) Lists of the big things make it all easier - and there are some amazing apps out there - (flowers, transport, clothes, cake, food, venues etc). And a cheap plastic folder with divisions in it for each 'area' will keep you from going insane if you have receipts and invoices and brochures/leaflets etc.
Also hardest bit for us - because we had our ceremony at one place and our reception at another - was getting a date synchronised for the venues and the registrar.

Thanks for all your comments
We have decided to go with a small ceremony at registry office
Followed by a reception on a boat which is for 3 hours it's lovely and small and something simple
We have worked out the expense and can keep it to under £2000
My dad has very kindly offered to pay for our wedding I'm
All emotional x

Thanks for all your comments
We have decided to go with a small ceremony at registry office
Followed by a reception on a boat which is for 3 hours it's lovely and small and something simple
We have worked out the expense and can keep it to under £2000
My dad has very kindly offered to pay for our wedding I'm
All emotional x

Awww how lovely of your dad!! Congratulations, the other ladies have covered everything! Just wanted to wish you good luck and enjoy every second x

Have you googled wedding in a box? It is like a package wedding with everything included!! Good for a wedding on a budget!

Wedding in a box not heard of that before will google now thanks : ) x

You can get very nice artificial flowers/bouquets on ebay for dead cheap, saves ALOT of money! x

congratulations! :)

My sisters wedding was planned within a few months, they didnt get a photographer but asked all guests to take pictures and get double copies! Was great as we got alot of photos from lots of different angles!!

The dress was purcahsed from a sale bridal shop

they got the flowers from the local florist who gave them a good deal

Bridesmade dresses from the sale

browse your options for the best bargains :)

Lots of homemade favors and invites etc

Wishing you the best of luck :) xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back