OKAY LADIES I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP HERE

rhian85

Reaction score
As some of u may know christopher has had problems wih digesgtion for months and months and months. (sreaming/back arching after every meal)

any way he has to go for a belerium meal in alder hay but until then he is on some medication which is helping no screaming for over a week.

we have been tld to "begin weaning" all over agin as he has only been on puree so far as that is all he can handle.

we have to get him eating "solid/finger/lumpy food now before alder hey appointmant.

question is how do i do this with a 1 year old who has a fear of food...after months of agony from it ?

any help please in a desperate situation here now

My only suggestion would be to sit him in his highchair with a small selection of finger foods and let him explore them himself.

maybe giving him bits off your plate..i know Dylan is always intrested in what i am eating.

Also maybe make his favorite foods lumpier..

not in your position you may of tried these things but all i can think of

im worried he would choke as he has not had the chance to get used to finger foods really. he gags on lumpy food but im just woried of choking as he isnt used to it ??? sorry this sounds stupid but the poor thing has really sufered

How about a dairylea triangle. No chance of choking and they love the mess!

I'm sorry to hear this, I really hope it gets sorted. Big :hug: to you and Christopher.

I found rice cakes were a really good first finger food as they are pretty tasteless and dissolve in the mouth. You can dip them in his favourite puree too so they taste of something familiar.

At about 10months Ellie used to gag on lumpy food, but was absolutely fine on Puree and absolutely fine on finger food. So I completely skipped the lumpy food stage. I would suggest go for it.

Also if he is afraid of food, it might be better to give him food while he is a bit distracted. Put something like "In the night garden" on TV and then offer him food. This works with Ellie when she has teething pains which put her off her food.

thankis ladies..some great tips here..love the idea of offering him food while watching TV as he really really loves big cook little cook. and love the dairylea idea...will try these and update soon.

many thanks

rhian85 said:
thankis ladies..some great tips here..love the idea of offering him food while watching TV as he really really loves big cook little cook. and love the dairylea idea...will try these and update soon.

many thanks

Keep a food diary too.... lots of stomach problems result in food intolerances or at least certain foods make the problem worse... you might be lucky and find something that sets him off again... in which case you can eliminate that from his diet altogether, giving him a bit of a break... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back