OK here goes. I am really down.

Here's some information on re-estalishing your milk supply. It is possible - although it can be hard work - to get back to the stage where she won't need anything else, but even if you manage to give her one feed a day that would keep your milk production going x http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html A good breast pump might also be helpful - do you have one? I've tried a couple and there's a big difference between different types - I bought a medela swing for Toby and it was amazing (he would never drink from bottles so it's hardly been used but someone has borrowed one part of it as she broke hers - you are very welcome to borrow it if she sends it back though). How was the breastfeeding clinic? If she's happy to comfort suck when she's not hungry I'd just keep doing that. But please just keep reminding yourself that however you end up feeding her, everything you've done to get to where you are now was for her, and you've seen what a difference it's made to her :hug:

Here's some information on re-estalishing your milk supply. It is possible - although it can be hard work - to get back to the stage where she won't need anything else, but even if you manage to give her one feed a day that would keep your milk production going x http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html A good breast pump might also be helpful - do you have one? I've tried a couple and there's a big difference between different types - I bought a medela swing for Toby and it was amazing (he would never drink from bottles so it's hardly been used but someone has borrowed one part of it as she broke hers - you are very welcome to borrow it if she sends it back though). How was the breastfeeding clinic? If she's happy to comfort suck when she's not hungry I'd just keep doing that. But please just keep reminding yourself that however you end up feeding her, everything you've done to get to where you are now was for her, and you've seen what a difference it's made to her :hug:

Thank you so much for the link. The breastfeeding clinic was brilliant. Got some great advice & have been putting Holly on the boob as often as possible & topping up with formula via bottle if she's still hungry afterwards. I've let her comfort suck as often as possible too. I have the Medela Swing pump & it's great. Not sure if my milk supply is increasing fully yet, but tonight I've expressed 3oz compared to nothing the other night. Feeling more positive & trying not to stress about the house move. I am trying not to get too hung about the whole breastfeeding thing. If I can feed her once or twice a day it's better than nothing. She is a very happy contented baby & that's what counts the most I guess x

Sunnyb xxx

Being able to express 3oz is amazing! And remember that's not really any indication of how much she's able to get herself as babies are so much more efficient than pumps at getting milk out. So glad the clinic was good, and even if you do end up giving her a couple of feeds a day you should be so proud of yourself for managing that after everything you've been through :hug:

Just quickly read through this. Glad you got some good advice from the girls! I don't get on much bit sending you big :hugs: you're doing a great job Hun x

Wow 3oz is great! Sounds like you're getting your supply back up. Hope you can do as many feeds as you want to with LO, sounds like you're on the right track :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back